Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N70 microphone problems.

Contributor

N70 microphone problems.

My n70's microphone has stopped working, or something else, it wont record sound and does not work when taking a call.

I have tried to change the mic with a new one, but that did not help at all.

What can I do?

the phone I got from a friend of mine and he does not have the reciept so I cant use the guarantee.

is there a way for me to fix this problem by myself? have tried to upgrade firmware to latest version..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: N70 microphone problems.

Take it to a Nokia Service Centre if the 2 year warranty hasn't ran out, the link for it is in my signature.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Contributor

that I have thougt about, but is there not a way or a guide to find out whats wrong?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I don't think there is a guide, What to do you mean you have changed the microphone?

Did you change it at a Nokia Service Centre or did it yourself?
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I took out the old one å replaced it with a new one..I did it myself, so the guarantee is not working anymore I guess:/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Yeah, you've voided your warranty then.
If it is serious you could still take it to your nearest Nokia Service Centre and they will fix it for a charge.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.