Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N73 Camera Clunky After Firmware Upgrade

Advisor

N73 Camera Clunky After Firmware Upgrade

The camera on my N73 does not seem to work properly. When I open the lens cover the camera does not always switch on. I am also using Shozu. Maybe it is something to do with that. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: N73 Camera Clunky After Firmware Upgrade

Is the lens cover loose?

Maybe it's not touching the 2 pins that make the camera work.

I suggest you take yours to a Nokia Care Point for tightening if it's loose.

Repair will be free under it's 2 year warranty.

www.nokia.co.uk/repair
or
www.nokia.com and select your country.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.

Hi Samwardill
We have actually had exactly the same problem with about 10 of our N73s, mainly ones used by bands that get thrown around a lot. Basically it is a physical problem with the little prongs and lens cover door. After a while they can become misaligned and no longer detect when you open the door (to start the camera you need to hold down the camera shutter button for a couple of seconds instead).

The only solution we have found is to replace the door/battery cover with a new one. Nokia may do this for you under warranty.

I have also replied to you over on the ShoZu forum.

Best,
Mark (ShoZu)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for the reply. I have left my phone with Carphone W/H for repair. I will reinstall Shozu on its return.

I have found the recent firmware quite clunky. The phone seems quite slow and I appear to have lost the settings wizard option. This is why my first diagnosis was a software issue.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
viper

carphone warehouse are very dodgy, they managed to damage my n73 and not fix the same problem as yours.
Blackberry Bold
Please use plain text.
Zouheirturk

Hi , your problem is not from the software itself it ' just that after a long uage of the lens cover the pin are lost you just need to repair it and everything will be fine.
Please use plain text.