Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N73 Firmware version!!!

Advisor

N73 Firmware version!!!

ive chckd ive ths version of firmware in N73 is thr ne lstest version avialabl plz leme knww urgenttt!!!!

V 2.0628.0.0.1
RM-133
Nokia N73 (08)
MK.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
nj7_

Re: N73 Firmware version!!!

V 2.0628.0.0.3 - the last one. Seems doesn´t change a lot!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thnxx bt stll wher i cn gt thess frmwar versionzz!!!
MK.
Please use plain text.
Sage
csteelooper

22-Oct-2006
01:41 PM
mohsinkhusro wrote:
thnxx bt stll wher i cn gt thess frmwar versionzz!!!

Get urself up to an NSP (Nokia Service Point) in ur country. They will flash ur fone free of charge, coz it's impossible for it to be out of warranty already... Or wait another half a year and try 2 flash using NSU (Nokia Software Update).
V3.0704.1.0.1
19-01-2007
RM-133 Nokia N73(57.01) Product Code:0539338
Please use plain text.
Contributor

N73 Firmware version!!!

I am having a problem with my N73. When i recieve SMS, the contact name does not appear as the sender, only the contact number, although the contact is saved.

The Firmware Version is 3.0628.0.0.6 - does that even exist, or is it still on version 2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whatleydude

You may have the sender's number stored twice in your phone's memory.

Check this first.
Yup, life sure moves pretty fast...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

23-Oct-2006
05:34 PM
whatleydude wrote:
You may have the sender's number stored twice in your phone's memory.

Check this first.

i have checked this. The contact only exists once. On the phone. Not on the memory card or the sim card. However, i have tried the same thing on another N73 that my friend has which is on v 2. something.. and it works fine.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whatleydude

I have the same firmware as you and I don't have that problem..

Hmm.

I don't know then mate - try emailing Nokia?
Yup, life sure moves pretty fast...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I've tried that. they are not much help. I feel that they dont really know what they are talking about sometimes. Well anyways.. im trying to deal with it now... otherwise i might completely reset the phone and try to re install the OS.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Interesting about that firmware version, do the two of you happen to have a branded phone? Since the only versions I know of are 2.0628.0.0.1 and 2.0628.0.0.3 (and a 3.0636.0.0.6 which cannot be found anywhere yet).
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am also expecting the firmware version 3.0636.0.0.6 here in Europe. But I've read in some forums that it is already available in the Asia-Pacific area.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

As a matter of fact, the phone was bought in the asia pacific area. China to be specific. I've been thinking or resetting the phone using *#7370# but i haven't got around to it yet. I've checked using previous versions of the software from phones purchased in the asia pacific area, but they don't have the same problem as me, however they are using the previous versions of it.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Just to point out, *#7370# is a formatting code. Please be aware that ALL data will be lost when formatting.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

understood. Already created a backup of my files.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
csteelooper

24-Oct-2006
10:36 AM
vinayd wrote:
I've tried that. they are not much help. I feel that they dont really know what they are talking about sometimes. Well anyways.. im trying to deal with it now... otherwise i might completely reset the phone and try to re install the OS.

Thanks

I dunno... I've spotted an option somewhere called "spy the name". It's in Settings, and in the same sub menu as "send my ID". Perhaps changing this option might help (if it's off, change it to on). I don't know if this option has an actual effect on text or multimedia messages; it had on voice calls in my case. Success!
V3.0704.1.0.1
19-01-2007
RM-133 Nokia N73(57.01) Product Code:0539338
Please use plain text.