Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N73 How to change language

Contributor

N73 How to change language

I just received a new N73. After charging the battery, I turned it on and everything is in Chinese. Please, how can I change the language to English?

Cheers!
Mobile Visionary
nj7_

Re: N73 How to change language

If You don´t have a domain of language is not easy. Maybe someone with knowledge of language can help You. The process is that: Menu - Tools - Settings - General - Phone language - Central Joystick - choose the language You want. Maybe by try and error You can find all that.
Counsellor

Ouch, I'll try to describe the icons for you...

Open the menu with the menu button (at the left of the 1 and 4 button).

Go to 'Tools' which is the icon with the folder and the wrench (google for wrench if you don't know how it looks :smileywink: ).

Go to 'setttings', again the icon with the wrench.

Go to 'telephone' which is the top icon looking like a telephone/pda.

Go to general which is the top option (and selected by default probably).

Choose the first option to set the 'display' language, again selected by default. There you should see the different language options. (Below that is the input language which you might also have to change).

Good luck!
Contributor

Thank you. You're right. Not understanding the language makes it very difficult because I wasn't sure if the options were going right to left, left to right, up to down or down to up. Bottom line, when I put the SIM card in, it automatically converted to english (language on the SIM).

Again, thanks for your response.

David
Contributor

Thanks dagrim1, your guidance helped. Only because, I became even more confused once trying the steps. No idea how they would lay out the optional instructions in a different language. I stopped my a market and asked a chinese man to help me. He interpreted the directions, I made them. Everything is working perfectly now. ...eh, almost everything. When setting up the FM radio, the names of the stations are still in chinese. Oh, well! The music is good.

Cheers!
David
Registered Member

Re: How to change language 7250i

my phone been play my friends and put the language in chines

how can i put it back in automatic 

Registered Member

Dude u r really class...

I was terrified c in all those $#%$#$#^% on my mob.

Huff finally got life c in english.

Thanks a lot

Sage
RhomANZ2

Re: How to change language 7250i

To Georgeous_16

Follow the steps below; 

Press Menu, and select Settings, Phone settings and Language. Select the language for the display texts. If Automatic is selected, the phone selects the language according to the information on the SIM card or change it to your desired language. 

If you are not able to follow the steps when the language is set to Chinese, try to navigate with the help of same phone model with English language that can help you walk through the steps.   

Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

"How We Respond Is Who We Are..."