Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N73 KEY LOCK

N73 KEY LOCK

How do you auto key lock a N73.

I can manually lock and un-lock the key pad but I cannot find any where in the menu's to self lock the key pad after a certain amount of time. Please help

RKOK
Counsellor

Re: N73 KEY LOCK

Nokia does not supply an auto lock. You will need to download a third parties software for this.

Thanks,
found the software, Loaded and it works.
file type auto_LOCK_v1.0
Registered Member

just received my nokia73 and can't work out how to manually activate the keylock. There is no mention of this in the handbook. Can you also tell me where you downloaded the file for the autokeylock, it would be a massive help. tonyd
Mobile Guru
edwardquan

If the N73 is anything like the N70 there is an auto key lock application written by Nokia already present in the phone.

You can find it by going pressing the Menu button, going to Tools, then Settings and then Security. Here select "Phone and SIM" and in this option you will find the settings for autolock.
Regards,

Edward
Registered Member

This is correct edwardquan it works fine on my N73 you can also set the lock code so that a password is needed to use phone from the same menu
Registered Member

There is a built in button activated key lock - identical to the Sony Ericsson key lock feature (have one), where you hit two buttons in sequence - First hit the top left soft key (above the green “call” button) and then the start (*) key on the number pad. This sequence locks and also unlocks the keys. It doesn’t matter what the soft key is programmed to, long as you hit the * button afterwards, it will lock the keys for you.
Contributor

Hi rKok

Can you direct me where to download "file type auto_LOCK_v1.0" so I can use Auto Key lock for my N73?

Thanks!
Collin
Professor

12-Sep-2006
04:06 AM
collin wrote:
Hi rKok

Can you direct me where to download "file type auto_LOCK_v1.0" so I can use Auto Key lock for my N73?

Thanks!
Collin

Search this forum, and you'll find links to it :smileywink:
Orange Handsets : Nokia 51 > NK702 (6130) > 6210 > 6310i (silver)> 7210i > 6230 > 6230i (silver) > N80 (silver) > N95-1
T-Mobile: N96
Advisor

go to the security setting and u can find the auto-lock options.
Advisor

HI guys and thanks for the tips.
I went to security and put autolock/user defined/etc but i after i put the number of minutes it asks me for a security code and whatever I put is wrong..any ideas?
Contributor

You want to lock the keypad, right? Well you're currently trying to enter a lock code that locks the phone with a 4 digit password (read page 101 in your manual). Everytime your phone locks itself you'll have to enter the password. I think previous posters missunderstood what you were asking, which I believe is "how do I get my phone to lock the keypad after a set amount of time and then unlock it with a combination keypress like top left 'selection' button + *". The bad news is you can't. You have to download one of the keylock apps that are knocking about. Download a free one. Nokia are ripping ppl off not putting the app on the their phones in the first place and then charging stupid money for it. The good news is nice peeps are writing their own apps and making them available for download.
Contributor

Oh yeah, you can download an app from here - http://fuse.stc.cx/autolock/ I hope that helps.
Advisor

thanks mate!
that made things clear. I ll download that :+)
Advisor

i know how to set the autolock for the whole phone through the settings menu but is it possible just to lock the keypad automatically without having an unlocking password?
Contributor

hi can somebody tell me how how big MINI SD card nokia n73 can read couse somewehere i see 1 GB and somewhere 2 GB soo how much is it ? thanks
Sage
karym6

this is off topic but... i would stick with the 1gb card. i dont think nokia have a 2gb card out right now, so if you run into trouble they will not help you.

you can get 1gb cards dead cheap also, so would be a good idea to hang on for the nokia one
Professor

21-Sep-2006
04:35 PM
radiohead2560 wrote:
i know how to set the autolock for the whole phone through the settings menu but is it possible just to lock the keypad automatically without having an unlocking password?

Yes, use the autolock application posted a few posts above this :smileywink:
Orange Handsets : Nokia 51 > NK702 (6130) > 6210 > 6310i (silver)> 7210i > 6230 > 6230i (silver) > N80 (silver) > N95-1
T-Mobile: N96
Advisor

I don't know why Nokia don't save us the trouble and provide the Auto Lock feature built in like on every other previous phone, series 40, 60 or not.
Registered Member

give me keylock v1.0 for N73
thanks!!!!!!!!