Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N79 32.001 available

Professor
greycounciller

N79 32.001 available

Anyone notice any new changes?

Downloading now........

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

Indeed, it's finally officially released. It's not FOTA yet, Software Checker informs me that I'll have to do the update by USB. I'll report back later.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Just downloaded v32.001 firmware via FOTA today :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I suppose you haven't noticed any changes either have you?
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
Please use plain text.
Contributor

greycounciller wrote:
I suppose you haven't noticed any changes either have you?

Ops, I have not try to install.. Maybe when I am less tied up. I running on v20.175 and still happy with it.

Mainly for web-browsing, photo taking and calls. When I read about the SIM contacts 99 names issue for V30, I am pretty much afraid about the new firmwares. especially ending with small numbers like. XX.001. Sounds prototype.

V32.001 is XX.001

Please use plain text.
Contributor

It is available FOTA. Has anyone installed it? I will be doing the same within a few hours. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

[ Edited ]

myzchiah wrote: 

"When I read about the SIM contacts 99 names issue for V30, I am pretty much afraid about the new firmwares.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that problem. What happens?

I store all my numbers to the phone and then back then up on the phone itself.

Never lost a number yet and the space isn't limited as far as I can tell.

Message Edited by greycounciller on 23-Dec-2009 07:40 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I installed the new firmware. Did not notice anything new. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I bought a brand new nokia n79. I read on this discussion board many posts of resent firmware updates. I double checked to update on my side through wifi connection and through pc, both showed that v11.049.217.5 is the latest version available. My hardware's code is 0574488. I searched the net and it looks like this code has be owned by O2 company. I was thinking if there is a way to push the update manually, like for example to reinstall the same version using the pc tool, maybe this will remove the company's firmware and install nokia's original?
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

My phone is locked to T-mobile with product code 0579938.

I managed to change it to a different code and that how I managed to get the latest software.

I lost most of the operator branding in the process. It's not network SIM unlocked though.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
They didn't fix the power saver bug
Message Edited by SaMaTi on 27-Dec-2009 02:00 AM
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I think the powersaver bug is more to do with the way the phone was made rather than software which is why it probably will never be changed. Plus it would kill the battery life too I suspect.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

It wouldn't affect the battery life much, if at all. The N95 8GB drew about the same sort of power when idle with the power saver on as this does with it off. The word from Nokia's own R&D when I asked a while ago is that it's something they're not going to fix, not that it's inherently unfixable.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

*subs*

I didn't notice any changes, BTW. Somebody wrote about GPS performing worse, tho. I don't know, I didn't use GPS in a while.
Please use plain text.

Installed the update and nothing to report on the update front..

however I hope to get someone on the dev team to read this..

NEXT UPDATE FIX THE MUSIC PLAYER PLEASE!!

I have 2 main problems with the built in music player.

1. The music player does not have a sort feature and just arranges the tracks how it likes.Even if I edit the tags, the phone still reverts to some unknow track #.The phone just does as it likes..It doesn't read the track #'s from the file...so when i load an album it never plays in the right sequence..very annoying

2. Gapless play back...I can't imagine that in 2010. That a N Series phone doesn't do gapless playback of mp3s.And no I refuse to download some application 2 do that..

OK.Thanks for the space to rant.. I'm done....

and I wont even touch on the numerous times my phone crashes when listening to music and 1. Getting a call or 2. Sending a SMS txt msg.

Please use plain text.

when i try to call someone that sends an sms, i cannot make calls and have to reboot.
Please use plain text.

I can only second that. My music player plays most albums in alphabetical order, which makes it almost unusable when wanting to listen to an whole album!

This is so annoying, regarding the N 79 is supposed to be a multimedia (!!!) phone. 

I don't understand why this isn't fixed yet, shouldn't be a big deal after all... 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Under settings you can change it to Random mode.

However the problem I see is that the music player detects all files in the phone. Even ringtones gets added. Is there a setting using which only songs from a particular folder only get played ?

Regards,

Sawan

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

sawangupta:

Sorry, I probably put it wrong, in case you're refering to me. I meant the same as the user 'scikokid' two posts above mine.

Not the sorting of the albums is the problem, but the sorting of the tracks withing the albums. Sometimes it is sorted by the track numbers (how it should be), but often just in alphabetical order. I reckon it has to do with different versions tag ids, and that the nokia music player cannot read all different versions properly.

Message Edited by justmash on 24-Jan-2010 03:01 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

- Playing youtube videos fullscreen lags so much.

- This stupid thing do not know how to manage with AOL email box! Works just fine with my iPhone and Mac but not with Nokia's **bleep** phones. **bleep**??!!

- If I choose from settings use "default acces point" it asks from me EVERY FREAKING TIME which connection I want to use. Why this moron just can use Wifi when I am in wifi area (like at home) or just 3G when I am out there!

- Ovi Store makes me crazy! If I get link to Ovi store, The first phone opens browser ask connetion point, then suddenly it realize that I have installed Ovi store clien, it opens it asks again connetion point and leaves after all the browser on in the background to ruin my battery life! **bleep** again!

- Several hangs in normal use like texting.

- Browsers have crashed like 5 times after update. Memory leak somewhere?

- Radio is rubbish! Works like this for me: 1. sounds great some good song begins 2. suddenly it's gone 3. after 30secs it come back. **bleep** 3rd time!

I would like to know, HOW Nokia can even make as rubbish phone as N79 is after great succes of N95? Oh yes I know, it was the N96 which ruined everything!

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.