Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N79 32.001 available

Mobile Sensei
korngear

I updated via FOTA months ago. It wes very small in size indeed. Gapless Music is also in my wishlist.
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I've had my N79 for almost a year now and to tell the truth, it's a very good phone apart from just a few foibles which I can live with as you'll never have the "perfect" phone.

As regards the playing of tracks, I just put them into a playlist and sort them how I want. Problem solved!!

My video playback is very smooth with no lags.

Radio is dependant on your headphone lead with the supplied one giving poor recetion for me at times.

With regards to access points, mine does the same, but it's how you initially set up the access point which I feel makes the difference 'coz it ask you if you want to connect always and if you say no, thereafter it always asks. 

I must say though, it sounds like many of you all have faulty phones with so much of the problems you are all stating.

I think this phone is good and may even keep after my upgrade time.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

greycounciller wrote:

I've had my N79 for almost a year now and to tell the truth, it's a very good phone apart from just a few foibles which I can live with as you'll never have the "perfect" phone.

+1 mate, I am using this phone since November 5, 2008. I can live with that *few foibles* as no phone can be the *perfect* phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

myzchiah wrote:

greycounciller wrote:
I suppose you haven't noticed any changes either have you?

Ops, I have not try to install.. Maybe when I am less tied up. I running on v20.175 and still happy with it.

Mainly for web-browsing, photo taking and calls. When I read about the SIM contacts 99 names issue for V30, I am pretty much afraid about the new firmwares. especially ending with small numbers like. XX.001. Sounds prototype.

V32.001 is XX.001

Had updated to V32.001.

Problem faced:

- Playing Youtube Videos in Full Screen in S60 Browser. When playing in small window using S60 browser, Youtube works well. Double-click to make it full screen, Video shows full screen but freeze. Switching back to window screen remains in landscape mode and black background. After that toggling between full and window screen is only possible. Only way to exit is to kill the S60 browser via Menu and then cancel.

Otherwise, N79 appears to be the best multi-functional candy bar.

Bluetooth,

Wifi, 3.5G,

5 Megapixel with Auto focus,

A-GPS,

email,

MP3 music player

MP4 with 30 fps at 640x480 resolution.

FM transmitter.

3.5 mm Headphone Jack

MP4 voice recording.

Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

Bugs:

- Youtube full screen lag

- I got after update various problems with 3G (bouncing  between 3G and EDGE)

- Radio volume controls do not work when using browser

- Radio lags

- When using multimedia key to check fotos from gallery, if I press left selection key before photo is loaded 100% to screen (this takes 30 sec in my case) phone returns back to desktop.

- Slower that FW v30

- Old Ovi maps (I know I can update it, but HELLO version 2.0?)

- Ovi share client is broken. I can't comment at all.

I am disappointed!

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

That's weird, mine suffers none of the above probs mentioned.

The only things I mentioned of this phone from the start still remain.

I lost the use of the multimedia key when I changed my product code, but other than that mine's fine.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I think I have spotted maybe one change, but not sure it's related to a change of product number I did.

When recording on video, I used to have the option of "Image Stabilisation" On or Off. It's missing now.

Can any "post or pre" 32.001 ers check and see?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Using 32.001, I don't see it here. I don't remember if it was there in the previous FWs, either. My guess would be that it wasn't, at least not in the last two FWs, but it could just be my bad memory.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Oh it was there alright.

I remember when I first got this phone I was amazed to see "Video Stabilisation"  listed in page 89 of the extended user manual.

Definetly aint there now!

Please use plain text.
VyomN79

Hi all,

I  had updated to 32.001 from 11.049 some time back. Now i am facing a weird problem.

-My screen goes blank on a random basis when i use the upper right corner keys (right selection key, C key or the right navigation key), when the screen comes back it appears upside down.

-Sometimes when the screen returns it shows only 256 colours or maybe less than that 16 colours :smileysad:

I dont know if this problem is related to the firmware upgrade or some hardware glitch.

Please provide some feedback.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

The phone is perfect. This is the best phone ever.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
killuajohn14

i'm having a weird problem after upgrade from v11.xxx to v32.001, my phone start to hang and I can't press any key except for the power button. Whats happening? I can't even use my phone for more than 5mins.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naughty533

agree with MASAMELAND...SAME PROBLEM IM FACING TOO...YOUTUBE THING AND ETC...HAH...WHEN WIL NEW UPDATE **bleep**?
Please use plain text.