Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8: Accuweather Widget keeps going wrong

Counsellor
jezston

N8: Accuweather Widget keeps going wrong

I did a full reset of my phone a few months ago, and one thing that wasn't a problem before but now is, is the Accuweather widget doesn't seem to work.

By 'doesn't work' I mean - when I install it, it finds where I am and reports the weather on my homescreen. Then, at some point it loses my position and will never, ever find it again. The widget just says 'waiting for location' constantly, and if I open the app I get a search field which has a wifi icon with a cross through it, and if I try to enter anything into the search field, nothing happens.

I find this widget immensely useful - when it works - anyone have any idea why it doesn't seem to want to work any more on my phone?

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and always have the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I've had the issue in the past and it's a pain ! Mainly with N97 but also E7 , don't know a cure , it seems to have a will of it's own , if you want a nice alternative . Try The Weather from Ovi store , it's really good and also has a widget :smileyhappy:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

Accuweather has many bugs and it is a shame that there is no good weather widget available. I tried the alternatives and was not impressed.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

@carman58

Thanks for that! The Weather seems to work ... however I don't really like the way it looks! Accuweather widget used the current theme with a nice dark grey box, however TheWeather is big bold and bright blue!

It's nice it has more info displayed than Accuweather - anyone else interested in an alternative to Accuweather I certainly recommend checking it out.

Are there any other alternatives out there? It would be great if there is one that also shows info on the wind!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You could also try Flake, available here

http://www.symbian3.us/symbian3-applications-downloads/2388/flake-nokia-symbian3-weather-apps-downlo...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

@carman58

I don't see anything about a widget on that.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Not sure if there is one ! Sorry. You can try SPB weather and see if it's worth the cost to you, gives a good interface and some cool animation, but comes at a cost !!

http://spb.com/products/weather/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MAFrey

Jezston, I was having the same issue. I accidentaly opened up options, and noticed a choice that said something about widgets and online. I selected that and the widget is woking just fine once again. I am in the USA. Hope this helps you also!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

I have the same issue everytime N8 losses GPRS connection. When it reconnect, accuweather would not update.

I have to restart N8 for it to work normally again.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Bin accuweather and get Forcaweather.Much better and ive had no problems with it at all

Please use plain text.