Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Add MP3s for Ringtone But Not Show In Music...

Advisor
py2sl
Accepted Solution

N8 Add MP3s for Ringtone But Not Show In Music Library

Hi All, Lifetime Nokia fan but struggling to get my head around some N8 funnies:

I have some MP3s that I want to use as ringtones. However, I don't want them to show in my Music Library (if I'm listening on shuffle I don't want these sound clips to play in the middle of them). I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how this might be achieved? I've tried all different directories and transfer methods but can't work it out...

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Re: N8 Add MP3s for Ringtone But Not Show In Music Library

Put them in sounds/simple on E: or C:. Music player won't pick them up when you refresh library.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you can create your own playlist so you can pick whatever music you want in it

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
py2sl

krisq,

That got it!

When you add mp3s to e:/sounds/simple then they show in the ringtones selection menu (in the songs folder and subfolders), but do not show in Music Library.

Thanks very much! Now to get around to my album art issues... :-S

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

What issues do you have? I'm using TagScanner for embedding album art in my mp3s. They show up on N8 perfectly after refresh.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
8_Ball

Im Using Belle on my N8.. it just has the Sounds folder.. but when i put my ringtones there they still show up in the music library

Please use plain text.