Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Anna LOG problem

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

N8 Anna LOG problem

I have upgraded to Anna and now I have a problem with LOG - communication details. Before upgrading to Anna, N8 was showing logs for calls, 3G, GPRS, WIFI connections, but now it shows only calls!?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

The simple log that you get by hitting dialed numbers is only supposed to give you calls. The detailed on that you get by going through the menu will give everything. If you select call>options>recent calls. You will only get the simple log. This has never displayed anything but calls on my phone.

If you're referring to the one you get by going through the menu then you definitely have a problem. You will probably have to end up having to hard reset or re-install Anna
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes, I am referring to the one by going through the menu. I did hard reset my phone before installing Anna, because i wanted my phone to be clean before installing.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

I actually didn't even back up before I did the update, nor did I reset anything. I don't want to put myself through another hard reset.

It looks like you might have to do it again because I can't think of another solution. Try a power cycle first- Switch your phone off by holding the power button until you feel 3 short vibrations (about 8 seconds) then turn it back on. connect to the web send a message or two and see if they don't appear also check the filters on the log
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have tried a power cycle, but it doesn't help. SMS and Voice calls are showned, but 3G and WIFI doesn't. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I did a hard reset today and reinstall FW again, but still no logging of 3G and WIFI!? **bleep**? I really don't understand. :smileysad:
However everything else works OK.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Battlebird

I'm having the same problem! No more detailed connection-Log after Anna-Update! Also there is no popup in the upper-left corner when a connection is established. Come on Nokia, I don't want to do one Hard-Reset a day to get my phone back working... Any other Ideas on this issue?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So I am not the only one.
Don't do hard reset because it doesn't help. I have fully formatted and hard reseted my phone 3 or 4 times now and the problem with logging stays. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rohit_gomezz

Re: N8 Anna homescreen problem

i updated to anna but my homescreen doesn't works smooth as it should be. it lags little. what can i do to overcome this problem?? help please

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Pe_h

Same here, no data connections on detailed log after Anna update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jsmutny

Have you found someone solution?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Battlebird

[ Edited ]

Nothing yet... Tweeted Nokia Care about the problem...

EDIT:

Nokia Care answered quickly:

https://twitter.com/#!/NokiaHelps/status/105622013149843456
and
https://twitter.com/#!/NokiaHelps/status/105624191100928000

So the problem is being investigated. Hope they fix it quickly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I also same problem after update to Anna, no any activities log from data packet. what wrong in Anna.
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Same here!

Thanks Batttlebird, hopefully the find a solution soon.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sampathkumar281

DONT GO FOR HARD RESET.IT WONT CHANGE ANYTHING.ITS THE FAULT FROM NOKIA.I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY C7.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elecbull

a fone which works fine.........1 anna update & all is gone to dogs........

facing the same problem with my n8 too.......

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jm24

I have a US N8 (no Anna upgrade yet) and for logs I only see the option for all data and not broken down by 3G, Wifi, etc. How do you get the detailed log?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
miladkos2

Also happened to me after I updated to Anna my N8-00 RM-596 Product code 059C819:  Country Variant Denmark DK Dark Grey. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sdrazfar

We were led to believe by Nokia that Anna will be released only when it's ready, that they don't want to release a half-baked update. I thought, that seems a reasonable response to all these delays to the release. So I bided my time thinking that it will be worth the wait.

And now this happens. The log isn't logging important data; kinetic scrolling is worse (more 'friction'; the hacker community even had to release home-cooked patches to correct the scrolling issue); problems were faced while updating to Anna. Some really shoddy stuff. I really, truly believe that Nokia digs itself out of this hole, and starts to deliver.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

no any news update from nokia dev. team.. what is up??? pls. answer anything.

Please use plain text.