Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Anna Tesco update?

Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

Tesco? 

A giant wholesale company in a diversity of different kind of business....

I think that the main idea in Tesco overall is to sell staples and to keep extremely low costs.

Why bother to have competent people then?

Do they really own their network?

I don´t think so.  

I having huge problems with a company (called Tele2 in Sweden that operates with the worst network suppliers there is, Huawei). I know the drill.....

Well, I hope that you give Tesco the kiss and goodbye later on.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fat_thumbs

went to carphone warehouse (nokia care centre) to enquire about flashing new anna update. they can put the generic software on for you for £20. if the tech  guy hadn't been going home i would've been sorely tempted to cough up the cash.as it was, said it'd take about an hour so would have to go back.but if we have to do this when belle comes out dec/jan then that's another £20....

i'm going to email tescos tomorrow to try to bump it up their priorities.....:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

I wrote to the Chief Exec, Tesco, as I have done previously, and that update got released very quickly afterwards, so hopefully, this will have the same response. I was also complaining about the unlocking fiasco (giving out unlocking codes that did not work, and then having to send the phone to Tesco).

The individual I spoke to could not understand why the update had not been released if it is has been for O2 customers.

Hopefully, release early next week.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

e71n8 wrote:

Hopefully, release early next week.

Difference now is that don't think N8 on offer any longer, so probably Tesco can't see any point in further support!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gazza197000

i went down to my local market where the phone man has a stall , he charged £15 to  remove and unlock tescos software and then replace it with  nokia software , then updated it with Anna ,works a treat now i don't care about the warranty  my phone is 12months old  and it will get binned when it breaks. it will be the last phone i buy from tesco's.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sjjg

/t5/Software-Updates/No-update-available-Post-your-productcode-amp-I-ll-check/m-p/1154965#M99483

Still waiting for approval, more than a month after every other UK network. Think I might stop checking and come back in November...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
where_is_anna

Do you have the chief exec address or e- mail I think alot of people would like to tell him about this problem now a month after the release date
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Where do you live?

My phone is Tesco but I already unlocked with the Tesco official unlock code. My question is: do you think Nokia Official Care Center would remove Tesco software?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gazza197000

I have emailed which magazine and also BBC watchdog they love to rip mobile phone networks apart.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

@arturmeireles

They don't remove your PC code,It's just flahed to a generic version.

Should Tesco then release Anna and you update via OTA or OviSuite, it'll revert back to Tesco branding again.

As to whether an NCC will do it, It seems to be a bit of a lottery on that.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

Hello,

For those who want to write and complain:

CE Tesco is Philip Clarke:

philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

Suggest copy to:

ceo.customerservice@tesco.co.uk

and

Liam.Smith@o2.com

Liam Smith is part of O2, and has given contact details as shown:

If you wish to discuss your query further or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact myself or our dedicated customer Care department on 4455 from a Tesco Mobile SIM or 0845 301 4455 from a landline. I can be contacted by requesting to be transferred to extension 68222.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DJCN8

There is an update available on my phone - just installing now?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DJCN8

Done!

Found via *#0000#, check for updates.  Downloaded OTA (wasn't showing on OviSuite).  Now showing as version 022.014.250.05.

All seems good so far.

Get updating fellow Tesco subscribers.:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DJCN8

Just an update.

I thought i'd completed the update but update 1/2 and 2/2 now showing on Ovi - installing now.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

[ Edited ]

Glad the update is out now.

My generic version from the NCC Is 022.014.226.06, Browser 7.3, Flash 4.0 and Java 2.2

Don't forget to connect to Ovi for parts 1/2 and 2/2 afterwards for the additional packs.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DJCN8

All done successfully.

Been playing for about 30 minutes or so - it's definately a vast improvement.  I like it:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
laffcarl

Hooray :-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mapantz

I'm fed up with this forum, my posts are constantly being removed. Not allow to talk about 'future updates'  i mean come on? What sort of forum is this if you're not allowed to mention about upcoming firmwares?
I expect this post will be removed as well. pfft

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Mapa

allaboutsymbian.com mynokiablog.com is the place for that
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mapantz

It may be, but i don't go there. Nokia have announced Belle is coming to S^3 so why is it a problem discussing it? I've never seen such incompetence in my life.

Please use plain text.