Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Anna "Support software installation failed"...

Counsellor
sewfan99
Accepted Solution

N8 Anna "Support software installation failed" from OVI

New N8 arrived today with Anna loaded, looks nice and very pleased. Newcomer to smartphones so treading gently. Downloaded and installed OVI suite, all well. Connected phone and started OVI, ran the "install software support" and it failed with above message. N8 device software 022.014, OVI Suite 3.1.1.90.

Its possible in my ignorance that I may have tried to sync before running the "install support software", but for the life of me I can't find a way to get out of this. Date on the phone is today 12/10/2011.  I confess I was hoping for a smoother run than this, but I guess it could all be self inflicted. Be very grateful of any help.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Re: N8 Anna "Support software installation failed" from OVI

Hi sewfan99,

Welcome to Nokia Discussion boards!

Make sure of the following :

- on your N8, date & time should be set correctly (same as on PC)

- on your N8 go to Menu -> Settings -> Application manager -> Installation settings -> "Software installation" should be set to "All" and "Online certificate check should be set to off

Disconnect your device from Ovi Suite, re-start it, by holding the power button for 8 seconds.

Then before re-connecting your device go in Ovi Suite to Options--> My devices--> 

"Remove this device"

Exit Ovi Suite, and re-open it, and then connect your phone again to Ovi Suite.

Let me know how it goes!

Br,

kingblue

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sewfan99

And what a welcome!

My settings were ok as it happens but restarting the phone etc did the trick and the support software installation was automatic and smooth.

Its now also updated with Anna updates and synced to Outlook with 1400 contacts.

Brilliant, thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Glad to see that your problem got solved!

If you need any further help, don't hesitate to post here :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
syed_abdullah

But sir im still facing this problem even i have done everything that u suggest... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivandesk

Problem still there

what can I do now?

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

ivandesk wrote:

Problem still there

what can I do now?

You can uninstall and re-install the Nokia Suite. Make sure to close any Nokia Suite applications that are running before you begin.

Windows XP:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
  3. Scroll through the list of installed applications, then click Nokia Suite
  4. Click the Add/Remove button.
  5. Click the Uninstall button from the Nokia Suite window, then follow the on-screen instructions until the setup wizard has completed removed the program.
  6. Restart your computer to complete the removal process.

Windows Vista / Windows 7:

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.
  2. Click Programs, then click Uninstall a program.
  3. Select Nokia Suite from the list of installed programs, then click Uninstall/Change.
  4. Confirm that you want to remove the Nokia Suite program from your computer.
  5. Restart your computer to complete the removal process.

Use the link below to download and re-install it:

www.nokia.com/nokiasuite 

If you can't find a solution to your problem in the information above, you can also download and run Nokia PC Suite Cleaner 7.1 to make sure all traces of Nokia Suite are removed from your computer.

http://dl.nokia.com/ns/suite/Nokia_PC_Suite_Cleaner_7_1_1.exe

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.