Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

re

Counsellor
m2_225288

N8 - Backup / How to Restore Backup

So I have backed up my N8 to my memory card F:Backup and there is:

Bookmark.arc

Calendar.arc

Contacts.arc

Messages.arc

Settings.arc

UserFiles.arc

but how to restore the backup?

If I go to Applications - Office - File mgr.  - MENU nothing there.

If I hold down the Backup Menu it takes me straight inside Backup, the icon only shows Backup :smileysad: and nothing about restore function :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
lanita

Re: N8 - Backup / How to Restore Backup

Hi

connect your phone to your pc, go to OVI, and under the Tools menu, you will find the Backup and Restore options.

Chose which one you want, and follow the directions.

Hope this helps

If you found this post helpful, please click the green button. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When you again select Back-up (under file manager..) and the next screen opens.. see if you have the restore functions in 'OPTIONS'..

BTW, I always feel its better to back-up and restore on/from PC using the OVI suite...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.

Hi Guys,

I have found a way to restore the backup from memory card.

Firstly, use the usb cable(A) and connect any device, maybe a thumbdrive.

Once connected, the follow:  File Manager>Backup

>Options then choose Restore.

Select files to be restored and then click OK.

Once the restore is complete, the phone will restart.

smileyvery-happy:

Regards,
Yogan
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TheDDe9

re

I successfully flashed with Anna, it was a very nervy procedure since I've never done it before but now my N8 is running Anna on the correct variant :smileyvery-happy: It looks and feels really good, I won't care for the leaked Belle until the official release now

Please use plain text.
pranaye52rpr

Re: re

hey how you have downloaded the "symbian anna" update

please guide me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arghforum

[ Edited ]

I can't use Ovi (which I'm not entirely worried about), but I really want the new Anna software, which requires Ovi to download!  If you know how to get the update without Ovi, that would be amazing.  It only gives the option of using my PC.

I can't use Ovi because of a failure to install drivers, so Ovi won't recognise my n8.  Foolishly, Nokia told me to do a hard reset to fix it, and when it didn't work I couldn't restore it from the memory card!  Great advice from the post a couple above about using a USB, that totally worked.

Ps, the spellchecker on here doesn't have the word 'Ovi' :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhi_lucky

Hi There,

But inside option--> Restore--> there's nothing...

It also gives an option saying Back Up Now.. but when i try this it says "Unable to perform backup selected memory not available."

Plesae suggest...

I am kep getting this error message that "Connection failed". All my Nokia apps give this problem mostly OVI maps...can't install the update (have symbian anna running in my phone).

Please suggest

Cheers,

Abhi

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhi_lucky

Re: re

just go Menu--> Applications--> SW Update--> refresh list... that's it you are done.. it would automatically populate a list of apps... njoy
Please use plain text.
dstihl

thank you very much - i had forgotten how to restore in the time since i made the backup....

Please use plain text.