Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Belle 20 MB memory loss

Sage
jim64
Accepted Solution

N8 Belle 20 MB memory loss

Few days after Belle update my N8 suddenly lost 20 MB on C for no apparent reason. I've seen others report this, apparently same thing also happens few days after reset. Anyone know what it is? I'm not short of memory, just curious.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ikeivs

Re: N8 Belle 20 MB memory loss

This is, because information about OTA software updates are deleted from phone. and it contains core data, and in case of appearance a newer version, phone fetches changes and additions
Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

Re: N8 Belle 20 MB memory loss

Ah, cheers for that, you've actually confirmed my only vague suspicion. In the process of freeing up memory I deleted reserved file from C: Private\102072c4 (20 MB) - this is a FOTA file that recreates when you use *#0000# or SW update. That must have been it.

Please use plain text.