Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N8 Belle connection failed- access denied. NO INTE...

Contributor
conker9
Accepted Solution

N8 Belle connection failed- access denied. NO INTERNET!

After the Belle update I have a problem with my internet connections. Both WiFi and mobile internet are not working at all. At first it was ok but after a while or a reboot of the device I simply cannot connect to any wifi wether it's a known one or an open one. I always get an box message on the top of the screen that says 

"Connection failed

Access denied"

There's nothing I can do about it! I tried reinstalling Belle and it was ok at first but shortly the problem occurred. So I have a phone with NO INTERNET CONNECTION at all!!! It's almost useless.
I would like a nokia support response please. This is a huge problem! :smileyfrustrated:

Contributor
nutrinoxyz

Re: N8 Belle connection failed- access denied. NO INTERNET!

Ya, me too, this is really horrible.
dege

if You want internet connection back You must go to:
settings>phone>phone management>factory settings>delete data and restore.
After this wifi and 3g works fine.
dont forget to backup Your contacts/sms , and copy all your data from mass memory [ during the process it will be erased ]. You can also make backup with appz and phone presets but im not sure if it will work [ problem is somewhere with phone setup... ] after restore.
Contributor
nutrinoxyz

[ Edited ]

I found out the problem, kaspersky mobile 9.4.104 monitors network traffic and was not compatible with belle and the problem was all that!

just uninstalled it and restarted my phone, now everything is OK.

I still have problem with email setup on belle, it just takes a username and password from me and after that nothing happens, the email window closes and i come back to the home screen.

I did it over 10 times it is always the same.

Please, i need assistance about the email setup, if anyone can help it would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Contributor
camthu7502

The incompatibility with Kaspersky is confirmed over in Kaspersky user forum. There is a call for an update for Kaspersky.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=223877

Add your voice if you want Kaspersky to issue an update. 

Contributor
TS_Jensen

[ Edited ]

Hi Torben

Thank you for contacting Nokia Care customer support.

Since we wrote last I have got a lot more experience with the Belles situation in this area.

Recently suspicion fell on a bug in old saved data from the "Anna" that causes general network error.

To solve it, there must be a backup - but NOT the programs / settings, since they bear the error.

Subsequently, disconnect the phone from, select the Offline profile (Press and hold the cards on the off button and choose the one on this list)

"Ring" now * # 7370 # accept and enter the security code is 12345, if it asks for it.

Your security code if you have change it.

Set Time & Date and reviewing start-up menus.

Get immediately sent to the settings for data and multimedia.
Restart your phone and try now about the Internet is working properly.

Do they do it; you can safely restore contacts and whatever else you have in your backup.

I would personally appreciate it if you want to participate in a brief survey that will be about my response to you. Customer survey will receive a separate e-mail.

If there is anything I can do for you, then you're obviously more than welcome to contact me again.

Sincerely

Jannik Petersen
Nokia Care

Contributor
JohannesH85

Tried it, did not work.
Contributor
JohannesH85

I had lost Wifi and 3G connection. At the end,

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq

"SPB Monitor" was closest to the solution. I deactivated all subdirectories in \private\ in all drives (phone, cards) even so they were not the ones mentioned. I restarted the phone, created an access point and could connect.

Eight hours of my life devoted to Nokia Belle configuration and four days without functioning phone. Hope Nokia is worth it. :cattongue:

fieldreport

@ JohannesH85
Pls how did you deactivate all subdirectories in \private\ in all drives (phone, cards) ?

I am getting frustrated with my N8 with no internet
Thx
Advisor

i had the same problem, no internet any any program would not run that required it, 3g was already enabled,I had to switch on "mobile data" 

Go to,

settings , connectivity , settings , moblie data,, and set to on,

thats what fixed mine

Bye_Bye_N8

Same experience. Total nightmare .... days out of my life. Installing Belle was bad enough and this was like a kick in the teeth. 

WHAT IS NOKIA DOING allowing this kind of thin to happen? DO THEY CARE?

I had to delete everything and restore. Complete waste of time.

At least iPhones work .....

Bye_Bye_N8

Hiow about an apology Nokia?
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Re: N8 Belle connection failed- access denied. NO INTERNET![ Edited ]

Hi Torben

Thank you for contacting Nokia Care customer support.

Since we wrote last I have got a lot more experience with the Belles situation in this area.

Recently suspicion fell on a bug in old saved data from the "Anna" that causes general network error.

To solve it, there must be a backup - but NOT the programs / settings, since they bear the error.

Subsequently, disconnect the phone from, select the Offline profile (Press and hold the cards on the off button and choose the one on this list)

"Ring" now * # 7370 # accept and enter the security code is 12345, if it asks for it.

Your security code if you have change it.

Set Time & Date and reviewing start-up menus.

Get immediately sent to the settings for data and multimedia.
Restart your phone and try now about the Internet is working properly.

Do they do it; you can safely restore contacts and whatever else you have in your backup.

I would personally appreciate it if you want to participate in a brief survey that will be about my response to you. Customer survey will receive a separate e-mail.

If there is anything I can do for you, then you're obviously more than welcome to contact me again.

Sincerely

Jannik Petersen
Nokia Care

Thanks, these steps resolved my Connectivity issues:smileyhappy:

Registered Member
cheaven

:smileysad:

This has not worked for me. Have done the reset several times.

After do the reset and setting the time date and country setting, the screen shows a "preparing installation" banner.

It take about 3 minutes for that banner to time out. I get the setting sent via SMS from o2, but still cannot connect.

This is beyond a joke.

Registered Member
cheaven

Found the answer at

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq

Problem was caused by SPB Wireless Monitor. Reloaded app, wireless now works ok

Registered Member
nothing4ever31

you dont need factory settings
its sooo simple:
1-connect your n8 to computer by usb cable with mass storage mode
2.In your computer, go to (phone drive letter):\Private and rename or delete these folders:
1.20042D1D
2.101f7989
3.Close explorer, eject the drive and remove the USB cable.
4.Reboot the phone.
5.Configure your wireless network or try to connect using your mobile data plan. Should work now.
6.Now you can open Nokia store and reinstall SPB Wireless Monitor
If you have Symbian Anna and want to update to belle, uninstall any data monitor like SPB Wireless Monitor before updating
Registered Member
PrateekSahu

i use a C6-01.i had belle installed and mobile net working fine.recently it developed a bug and hence i reinstalled belle.since then i have not been able to connect to wifi or mobile net.it immediately pops up 'connection failed access denied'.i have tried factory restore settings many times...it does not work!!!
its very frustrating.could u suggest any other method please. 

Registered Member
ODEISHI

Had the same problem,i simply requested for my network's internet confeq. and reinstalled them and it worked fine.
Registered Member
megs1602

mine does the same thing, but if i try to reset tells me to end all active connections first... how do i do this?   data and wifi are turned off!

Registered Member
aldosalles

Hello every one, I need your help.

I did the connections settings according my service provider. 

I am able to use internet (web application) but I am not able to use others applications which need network access such as GPS, MAPS LOCALIZER,  CHAT, WEATHER, etc.... Each time that I try to run those app the message "connection failed" appears..and I am not able to use them. 

My OS is symbian 3 Belle / Device model: Nokia N8

Please, help me...

Thanks!

Aldo