Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Belle update, Device is stuck...

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

N8 Belle update, Device is stuck...

Hello

I am trying to update my N8 to the latest firmware, Belle.
Now, it started downloading, en installing, but now it is stuck already at least 20 mins... The screen on the PC says "your device is being restarted"  and a few remarks that say (translation from Dutch): "don't touch your phone, even when it's asking for information, like Language settings or security codes" and the usual "don't use your phone, don't turn it off and don't disconnect the cable"

Now, while the PC says it is being restarted, the phone just stays on, it's not restarting...
So, almost half an hour and nothing happens...

What can I do? I never had a software update taking so long (had N95, N96, N97, N8, N900)
Thanks

Dieter 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: N8 Belle update, Device is stuck...

@dietervanmarcke

What if anything is showing upon phone screen?

There comes a point when you wil have to disconnect, but just hope device not left in "flash mode" with black screen which would mean trip to Nokia Care Point unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

there is a point where it says phone is restarting and you have to enter your pin.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thank you for the help, but couldn't take it any longer.
I justed plugged out the USB cable, reset the phone and used another PC.  It did work then!

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
tdsooraj_92

I too had the same problem. The screen was stuck showing phone is restarting.But nothing happend for 45 minutes and the phone was off.So i long pressed on power button and phone restarted and everything worked fine,

Please use plain text.