Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N8 Bluetooth Paired Devices problem

Contributor
calvyb

N8 Bluetooth Paired Devices problem

whenever i go into the bluetooth settings on my nokia n8 and pair my gps (holux m-1000) it says it has succesffully paired the device.

i have changed the positioning settings to enable bluetooth gps. yet whenever i open maps it requests to repair with my gps and deletes the previous pairing. i find this rather annoying. how can i make the device save the paired settings for the bluetooth gps unit.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phil8811

Re: N8 Bluetooth Paired Devices problem

Hi,

I have similar problem with my GPS QStarz BT-Q1000 and my Nokia N8, when i paired them:

Nokia N8 ask me code so i put 0000, after that N8 tell it's ok it's paired but i see on my GPS it's not (on my GPS when put on the light is on but not flash and when it's connected it flashes)

I hope the next firmware will make all good, it's very usefull for for baterry to have external GPS

PS: how disable completly Wifi??? when i disconnect it reconnect in the same sec!!!

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi Phil8811

Please be aware that since OVI Maps v3.03 the use of an Bluetooth GPS receiver is no longer officially supported by Nokia unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cyanide_4C

I have similar problems with my N8 and Sygic, my bluetooth device will refuse to connect when asked for, sometimes it works/connects/gets paired, then impossible to connect or find.

Bluetooth is a Haicom. Same bluetooth issues then on my 6800, never problems with BT device on N81 or XM 5800. allready on last firmware update. When i first paired my BT device it worked for about a week, then the BT connection problems started (no updates in between).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phil8811

up

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ramees_1

nokia n8 blutooth pairing succesfully connected but does not transfering the sound carkit.not correctly working.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
calvyb

it seems that the recent software update has fixed my bluetooth problems. though its only been a couple of hours since i thought to try so i'll test it over the next few days and see if i encounter any problems

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Poochie

Have just got an N8 and am trying to Bluetooth with my Mac Book Pro. The N8 'sees' the computer but cannot connect. The computer does not 'see' the N8. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Poochie wrote:

Have just got an N8 and am trying to Bluetooth with my Mac Book Pro. The N8 'sees' the computer but cannot connect. The computer does not 'see' the N8. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum!

Is your N8 running PR1.0 or PR1.1 key in *#0000# on dialler?

That said no issues with N8 Bluetooth connectivity with Mac Mini OSX 10.6.6, did you initiate pairing from Mac > set up bluetooth device whilst N8 searching for new device?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
elbmek

I have a nokia 5230 and, in my car, a sony bluetooth stereo. The car automatically picks up my phone and displays the relevant info on the screen. It also answers my phone by a simple push of a button on the radio (nice big button too). Never had a problem as long as I leave the bluetooth setting in the phone switched to on. Sound quality too is brillinat - even when at spped on a Mway.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

elbmek wrote:
I have a nokia 5230 and, in my car, a sony bluetooth stereo. The car automatically picks up my phone and displays the relevant info on the screen. It also answers my phone by a simple push of a button on the radio (nice big button too). Never had a problem as long as I leave the bluetooth setting in the phone switched to on. Sound quality too is brillinat - even when at spped on a Mway.

Pleased to here it, but can't quite see the relevance in this thread about N8 bluetooth issues.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
conger76

i am on my second N8 (first failed) and use an Avantalk car kit.  the kit supports simulataneous connection to 2 phones when it is in dual mode.

in car i used to connect my blackberry (work) and n8 (personal).  since changing phone i have pairing & connection problems.  Blackberry senses avantalk and connects but nokia won't.  i have to switch off blackberry, restart avantalk, out into pairing mode and pair n8.  every time i have to pair phone and the little blue symbol next to device name in device list is missing.

when first pairing blackberry for first time it asked for avantalk passcode.  n8 never has although it goes through other authorisation routines such as "Do you want to automatically allow.......ect"

Any ideas?  Perhaps i will go back to HTC

Please use plain text.
wizart_net

Hi,

I have stranger problem. I can't to pair two Nokia N8 to send pictures by bluetooth. Bluetooth is on and visible on both phones. What's going on? Nokia bluetooth is not compatibile itself or I have made some mistake?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@wizart_net

No such issues sending file to N8 after Anna update:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.