Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Bluetooth car kit problem

OVd48

N8 Bluetooth car kit problem

After some tests and research, it seems that:

N8 don't sync phonebook with the most recent Audi and BMW built-in Bluetooth car kits (but seems to work with some Mercedes models).

- The antenna signal communication doesn't work either.

- Some times (about 1 out of 3) the answer of an incoming call is not handled correctly by the BT car kit.

- Just phone pairing and basic call handling is working.

The same Audi and BMW Bluetooth car kits are working fine with the N97 (including phonebook synchronizing, recent call handling and antenna signal).

In this situation the N8 is almost unusable safely by car!

Does anyone have some advice?

Is this a known problem from Nokia? Is it planed of being solved in a next firmware?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Balderdash

I have the Mercedes Bluetooth HPF module which has worked *perfectly* with older Nokia phones (6300, even 'cheap' 3110c and 3120c), Windows Mobile, and Blackberry.

I'm pretty peed off that the Nokia N8 doesn't work with this module in that contacts are not available :smileysad:

From what I can work out the "solution" is to buy a new bluetooth module for 250GBP! :smileysurprised:

As per: http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Bluetooth-HFP-Cradle.html

"As it supports PBAP it should now work with the latest Nokia smartphones properly."

So do I blame Nokia or Mercedes? What has changed that means old phones work but new ones don't?! The bluetooth module I have can clearly access contacts on the older phones.

In answer to the original post - the N8 has the rSAP option so it should work with those models that require it. Unless it doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Sage
HaPe

newer audio systems in e-class W211 does work perfectly. I have heared in some other posts that some older devices have problems, Audi and BMW. I think there will be a fix with next firmware because it seems to be a often seen problem.
N8-00 with orange case, loving it

If my post was helpfull, click on the white star and give me an KuDo ;-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tomboy88

I have a VX Corsa with BT and it works fine, better than my old N86 did in fact :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n97er

My Nokia N8 connects to BMW Bluetooth for about 80 seconds and then disconnects and reconnects and seems to be stuck in this cycle constantly.
I have tried and tested several other Nokia phones and they all connect and work fine, but N8 doesn’t seem to work with the car which is a BMW 7 series, nor does it work with my wife’s BMW 3 series.
Anyone else having similar issues or have a fix for this?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dffish

I've had the same experience with my JVC KD-BT11 car stereo. It connects then disconnects the same way. I'm hoping there is a fix on the way. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm having problems getting the N8 to pair with my 2010 Rav 4 car kit. My Samsung omnia had no problem pairing with the car kit. Dose anyone know if the Bluetooth version has anything to do with this issue?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kads

There also Problems with Parrot MKI9200.

After ending the conversation with incoming calls and pressing red button the N8 starts streaming music buy it self thru the Parrot. If you call out this never happens.

And there is problem handling music streaming playback with the Parrot + N8.

Speak and contacts works like it should.

Toyota RAV 2010 BT HF you can pair it but you can't talk thru it.

Older BT headset does the same you pair it but no sound.

So I think N8 has problems with older Bluetooth devices.

All Car brand has problems with many phones so it´s no 100% solution.

Better to go the old way = Buy the BT car solution from the same brand as the phone

and you get a solution from the same decade.

And skip the old **bleep** the carbuilders is building in the most cars that has a development

time for about 5-8years that worked good with the Nokia 6233.....

Use the Nokia CK-200 work like a glove!:smileyhappy:

But buy the extra external mic the build in is just built in...:smileyvery-happy:

Kads
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ideologis

Hi,

I am in France. I have the same probleme with my BMW 318d touring. I just bought a Nokia N8. It connects whit the BT of the BMW then disconnect, then reconnect. After a while driving, it stoppes doing it. Before the N8 I had a Nokia E71 that worked perfectly. Have you found a solution?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Josiek

Whereas 5800XM and N97 Mini can be a pleasant experience with Toyota as per this resource, it is a different matter with N8 which can just about manage being a handsfree device:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Bluetooth/search.aspx

SDP = Service Discovery Protocol seems to be sadly lacking from the N8 unfortunately.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/N8-00/

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/N97_mini/

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/5800_XpressMusic/

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
XModem

[ Edited ]

@ aspergerguy

Thanks for the explanation, I just bought an N8 yesterday (by contract prolongation) and I was gullible enough not to check the Toyota homepage for support in my Prius and I realized I could connect my wife's N97 Mini and my old C905 as audio player with no problems at all, but the N8 refuses to pair as audio player.

The dealer was kind enough to take it back and let me opt for another phone in January, when maybe a) prices dropped for other phones and b) other models show up in the market, which I might like.

Needless to say that I'm pretty angry at myself (for not checking beforehand) and at Nokia for omitting this feature, which I expected to be in by default in such a modern rig.

Does anyone know if we can expect this to be implemented in a newer firmware in close future?

Please use plain text.
Ptja76

Anyone found a solution to this problem?

Does anyone know if Nokia are working to resolve this?

Have Sami problems in my Volkswagen RCD-510 the same model as
Nokia and Volkswagen uses the "Terminal mode" project

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
westey

Having had the same problem I came across the following which solved the problem with my N8 - http://justnoel.wordpress.com/2010/10/21/syncing-your-nokia-contacts-to-your-car-via-bluetooth/

Telephone numbers now appear in my Audi A4's screen.

Please use plain text.
Ptja76

Some times (about 1 out of 3) the answer of an incoming call is not handled correctly by the BT car kit.

No one who has found a solution to this, it switches constantly between BT and the phone?

Nokia are you working on a better BT connection?

Hope it will be a solution to this otherwise become another phone and it will not be a Nokia if there is no will to solve this kind of problem 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n97er

Anyone got a fix for this yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anil72

Hi,

I have also had a persistent problem with not only my N8 but any N series phone I use with my BMW 5 series bluetooth car kit - although I can receive calls - it does not load up my phone book into the bluetooth kit of the car - does anyone know a solution to this - I have set the phone to sharing my contacts with a car kit but no joy - has a solution been found yet?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Numis

I'd just like to add here for the record (good to have a list in one place, I guess) that I also have problems with playing music on Panasonic CY-BT200 car bluetooth module.

I explained the details here:
/t5/Connectivity/Bluetooth-N8-to-Panasonic-CY-BT200-car-handsfree/td-p/880537
N8 / RM-596
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kontraband

[ Edited ]

well done for finding my blog westy :smileywink: Glad it helped.

Has anyone renamed the handsets with a localised name before pairing it to the cars. 

Dont start moaning about "I'll not buy another nokia because of this BT issue" as this is NOT solely a Nokia issue. Right now I have an N8 and X6 and iPhone and a BB and the BB is the one that drops the BT connection and then picks it up 2 mins later. None of the other handsets have issue. Yet in some peoples case it is the Nokia that has the issue not the BB... its damn random.  If you are taking that stance you may as well pick up a couple of yoghurt pots. 

The N8 will pair and sync with modern cars with the contacts.six but its a bit of a drawn out process that will require some cleaning of your current paired devices.   Have a look at the link westy posted and see the steps there if they can help you... feel free to ping me on there and I'll ask around

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Work great on my Kia Sportage 2011. ... no prob... most easiest to setup compare when i used my WinMo phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

just to confirm with my N8, it works perfectly in my works van with my CK3100 and works perfectly with my JVC KS-BTA200 bluetooth module......

in case anyone doesnt know, make sure all your contacts are saved on your sim card as well as memory, as the bluettoh devices only read the sim card when syncing with the phone.....
Please use plain text.