Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N8 Can't buy app in Ovi Store: Server error, w...

Advisor

N8 Can't buy app in Ovi Store: Server error, we are experiencing problems with the payment service.

Dear friends

I use Nokia N8 and Ovi store 2.0. As the the title states, when I press buy button in Ovi store it shows “Server error, we are experiencing problems with the payment service. You will be taken back to the catalog page.”

It occurs to all apps not specific app. The price shows correctly in local currency. I still didn't enter any card number.

I've contacted Nokia call center which they received the issue with no response and solution for more than 1 week.

If this has happened to you before, please share the solution. Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
whunenonly

Re: N8 Can't buy app in Ovi Store: Server error, we are experiencing problems with the payment servi

I had the same problem and when I called Nokia Customer Service, their reason is that the developer of the application probably chooses not to receive payment through your phone service but rather have it from a credit card? So, it's not Nokia who controls it, it's the person who made the application. Nokia also said something about calling up the service of your phone and have them remove the phone bill payment so that you can purchase things through a credit/debit or other forms of payment instead. That didn't help me much, but they couldn't solve it any better. Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kkalmm

Re: N8 Can't buy app in Ovi Store: Server error, we are experiencing problems with the payment servi

I had the same problem on my new N8. I followed the link from the text to the game I wanted to buy. I pressed the BUY button but got no further payment options, and then the server error message came up.

I did manage to buy the game I wanted by going to the OVI store application that had downloaded and installed on my phone that was "optimised for my device". When I selected the game and pressed BUY it all worked as I expected it to, but I did set my own personal defaults to payment by phone bill.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qenny

Nokai - connecting people?  They seem to struggle to connect me to myself!  I had already logged in to this site four times, and had to log in again just to contribute to this discussion.  It's no wonder they are taking such a drubbing from Apple.

I have the same problem as described above when trying to buy and app from the OVI store with my new N8, and that problem continues even when I download the version of the store application that is optimised for my phone.

(While I'm on that subject, has anyone else had the odd experience of being told repeatedly to download the OVI app store, despite the fact that it is already installed?)

Please, Nokia, get your act together.  Not that anyone probably reads these things, given the exceptionally poor response.

Former Nokia enthusiast, now angry, cheated, disrespected, disregarded soon-to-be former customer. Ovi Suite, Ovi Store, the execrable web site and the unreliable N8 have created a perfect storm of cell phone hell.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

I am having this problem with my C7... I get the error that the OP gets and cannot buy anything from the Ovi Store.

Please use plain text.
whunenonly

Disregard what i posted, i found out a way to get around it, if you are using the USA N8 and AT&T server, I think for many people, you won't be able to purchase anything "paid" apps since its default is from phone bill.

I found out if you turn off your phone, take the sim card out and turn it back on, you can download the app by using just the Wifi to connect to ovi store. I was finally able to buy the app i wanted by doing this, it took me to a sign in page for my ovi, and i was able to imput my credit card info there and buy the app.

However, this i the only method I can find to just buy apps, once app is done installing  I just made sure the app worked, then turned off my phone insert sim card back in, and turn on phone. App installed was still there but still cannot buy apps with sim card in phone. Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tor_mod

I'm glad you've found a solution for the "payment problem". However, I have tried the same method (removing SIM-card, also exchanging SIM-card) and every other method I can think of - without success. Nokia should really do something with this payment problem instead of having their customers spending hours upon hours trying different "solutions". Why can't they use the same payment methods as Apple Store? I have never experienced any payment problem with Apple (for my Ipod touch and Ipad) so why should it be a problem for Nokia??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cjh42

Really not happy with my n8, had it 3 weeks, was a toss up between i phone and n8, went for the n8 as the reviews were blowing the i phone away, it was mentioned that its user friendly and took apples ideas and bettered them 10 fold..... er i dont think so the apps are useless, have to connect to most of them to use, i cant buy any as it says error,payment method not verified and so on, this is not what i wanted in a phone, i wanted to push a button and expect the phone to do as you ask it,i have to turn the thing off now and then to get it to connect, it keeps asking me to download the ovi app even though its already  installed on the phone, i cant even figure out how to put a pin lock on my photos and videos, how is that user friendly.ive always had samsung and loved them, my wife has just bought the samsung galaxy, wow what a cool phone blows the i phone and n8 into space, all i can say is an upgrade cant get here quick enough...........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cjh42

Nokia needs to take a leaf out of apples book, even if the apps were half as good as apples i would be slightly happier, i just cant bond with my n8, we dont have the connection with each other and thats no pun,i want to be able to buy an app on my n8 just by clicking on buy, its old hat nokia so get it together or apple will be laughing at you ...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Same issue here.

I have a VISA waiting to spend money on the OVI store only to be greeted by that message saying that for some reason something went wrong, so I'm left without the app I was wishing for.

Unfortunately, making such a basic thing a hassle for users, all they are achieving is to promote piracy, since annoyed people will seek the software from other sources.

Please use plain text.
karl41

The purchase via OVI link does not work.

NOKIA TO FIX ASAP.

*So simply search Ovi store what you want in larger PC screen etc.

*Open Ovi in N8

*"Search" for what you want by name.

*"Select"

*"Confirm" if payment method is set up.

*"Change payment method" if necessary in this panel. (ALL credit cards are here.)

*Item is downloaded.

*Launch etc. and have fun.

It all works perfectly but only via OVI in N8,  NOT via link.

Use this until Nokia has it sorted out.

Regards karl41

Please use plain text.
karl41

Use N8 to do all search and transactions. Link does not work see karl41 below
Please use plain text.
karl41

See my note below karl41
Please use plain text.
karl41

See may note below to use N8 for all purchases etc karl41
Please use plain text.
WhiteJ

Karl41

Thank you so much for your post.  I have spent over an hour on the phone to Nokia/Ovi support who have not been able to resolve this issue!

Followed your advice - and downloaded first time.  Your're a star:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
casperboru

'Server error, we are experiencing problems with the payment service'

I am experiencing the 'Server error, we are experiencing problems with the payment service' problem too only for my region (Ireland) and or service provider (Vodafone), credit card payment does not seem to be allowed.  When I login to my Ovi store account using a PC and go to the 'Account' section, there is no option to add a credit card payment.  When I click an app, the only payment option I get is 'send to phone', which leads to the message: 'Server error, we are experiencing problems with the payment service'

I first noticed this months ago and assumed Nokia would fix it considering that this is a fairly important part of their business.  I'm now shocked to see that this affects multiple countries and has not been fixed yet.  I guess from the delay in fixing this issue that Nokia haven't recognised the importance though, just like they didn't recognise that apps were going to drive the smartphone market and gave away their smartphone market share to Apple.  My next phone will be a Droid, pity because I always liked the Nokia hardware.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Laiton

Enable cookies on browser (they are disabled by default?). Worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Qu33nB33

Karl41 - Big Thank you! - I can now join in the Angry Birds gang!!

Link sent by text did not work but as you advised browse to the app you want to buy from the phone (Not PC) works with no problems!!

I would not have thought to do this as at I first got free games which I was able to download via text link.

Nokia really need to fix this bug!!

Thanks again :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
squidjit100

I have tried all forms of payment on phone (N8) and web and they all give the same message. What's the point in having a store if you can't pay for things ?

Please use plain text.
walmog

This app won't send to Ovi Suite onPC!

Please use plain text.