Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 - Disable charging batteries when connectin...

Contributor
machadoug
Accepted Solution

N8 - Disable charging batteries when connecting to USB port

Greetings,

My N8 starts charging the battery every time I plug it into the USB port of my laptop, even though the battery is with over 80%.

1. Can I disable charging when it is connected to the USB? OR
  2. Can I configure it anywhere so it starts charging only when it is below 20%?

Thanks in advanced,

Douglas

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: N8 - Disable charging batteries when connecting to USB port

Hi machadoug

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

When the phone is connected to the PC via USB, it will automatically start charging. It's not possible to stop the phone from doing so using a Nokia USB charger. Because the phone will start charging automatically, there is also no option to configure the phone to only charge when the battery is below 20%. 

Thanks for your feedback however, we'll make sure it will be taken into account.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
machadoug

Re: N8 - Disable charging batteries when connecting to USB port

Thanks Iris,

This will be a very useful feature to make most use of the phone/USB without compromising batery life.

All the best,
Please use plain text.