Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N8 - Disable red light video recording

Contributor
zidane1818

N8 - Disable red light video recording

Any way to disable the red light during video record? Thanks

Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Not sure its possible as it's a legal requirement in some countries so that other people know they are being recorded

Professor
flagpole

back in the day there were tutorials on how you could make a small incission on the N95 circut board to disable the red light.

i assume that anyone who does this is some kind of super pervert.

There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Contributor
zidane1818

I know the way to do this in N95. For other mobilephones (X6), custom firms allows to disable it, perhaps we must to wait this.

For small babys the light can distract them.

Sage
drandywright

I can't see how to do this, I think it is part of the focussing mechanism....How about a bit of Gaffa tape or a finger over the light when you don't want it :smileytongue:

Contributor
zidane1818

Jaja I,m wating for something more "professional", XD
Contributor
zidane1818

I saw this in a web page....¿anyone knows how?

Yes it is possible to turn of the red light during the video shooting mode. What you have to do here is follow the below steps:

• If you will press the Q and W from the keypad it will set the Flash LEDs on and off,
  • And if you will press the E and R from the keypad then it will set the red recording LED on and off,
  • Also if you will press the A and S it will adjust the focus,
  • And the D to correct the auto focus.
Registered Member
BogdanN8

It's not possible to disable red light presing the letters on keypad because when you are recording a video , you dont have acces to keypad. I found also that topic but someone there say that this solution is for N900

Vergnugen

I don't think it is part of the Focus system. I use a adhesive black tape and it don't change anything in my video making. I've learned that Picobrothers have invented an App that turns it (The Red Light) on at anytime. Maybe someone can invent a way to turn it off while filming.

Sage
slashd0t

Download CameraPro from the OVI store.. Problem solved.

Lumia 920/N9

Previous Life: N8, N95, 8600, 8800 Sapphire Arte, N97, N97-Mini, 5800 and a few older ones :smileyhappy:
Registered Member
awyeah

slashd0t you are a pathetic troll, CameraPro for N8 does not disable the red light

Counsellor
Marcineqq

I'd love to switch it off, as my little child is afraid of this and starts crying :smileysad:

I'm placing a sticker on it but it's kinda bufflin..

Registered Member
beepled

Could you explain that in more detail?
voytek

It's possible in close-up mode.

Counsellor

Hi, Just set the phone on Video recording and keep it on Close-Up mode .. start recording and touch the camera lence with your finger. the red light goes off (its in Belle not sure about Anna)
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

awyeah wrote:

slashd0t you are a pathetic troll, CameraPro for N8 does not disable the red light

Actually, Slashd0t is right. CameraPro does allow you to disable the red LED when recording videos.

Ray. 

mgu001

I bought CameraPro, but can't turn off the red light. I have auto-focus light disabled in video settings, but it doesn't work as i expected,

mgu001

nitinule wrote:
Hi, Just set the phone on Video recording and keep it on Close-Up mode .. start recording and touch the camera lence with your finger. the red light goes off (its in Belle not sure about Anna)

It doesn't work on Anna, sigh :smileysad:

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

mgu001 wrote:

I bought CameraPro, but can't turn off the red light. I have auto-focus light disabled in video settings, but it doesn't work as i expected,

You need to disable the Auto focus light in General settings and not in Video settings. It doesn't disable the red LED in photo mode though, only in video mode.

Ray. 

mgu001

I tried all settings, and wherever i could find an option for turning the focus light off, i did.

So, i noticed that once i have settings on macro, it turns off the red light, but only for the first video shoot. If i pause, instead of stopping, and keep recording the video, it's alright.

But once i stop, the red light turns on again. In that case I have to restart the camera pro.

Not a perfect solution, but nevertheless, there is a solution.