Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 - Email Auto retrieval

Contributor
blueagila

N8 - Email Auto retrieval

My N8 is set to retrieve emails every 4 hours from 8am until 8pm . This has been working perfectly until the latest ANNA update. My N8 now seems to want to constantly connect either 3g or WIFI and am now receiving email notifications day and night. I have checked the Auto Retrival settings and they are showing as correct

Please use plain text.
pachman

Re: N8 - Email Auto retrieval

I have had a simialr issue with my N8 folowing the latest ANNA updates. My emails were set to retrieve every 15mins, this stopped working following the updates. Now I have to check them manually. I have tried disabling and reenabling email but no change. Hopefully someone has a solution.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

the cause may well be a conflict between the new and old SW ! Did you reset the phone before installing Anna ? Mines workijng perfectly as I tend to reset whenever a new software is available before installing it . As Belle is due very shortly, I would recommend you wait for a few weeks and when Belle is available, reset your phones. Back up Contacts, Calendar and Notes ONLY, then dial *#7370# followed by 12345 and then install the new SW and set up the phone manually.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blueagila

Had my N8 flashed and Anna re installed. This still has not cured the problem. It seemed to start after the MfE patch received in December

Please use plain text.