Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Insert SIM card

Counsellor

N8 Insert SIM card

[ Edited ]

Has happend two times now with my second N8 (already replaced the first one) that it claim theres no SIM card installed then i need to restart the phone.

My SIM card is brand new fron TeliaSonera, bought it with the phone, and it happens randomly.

Anyone else experince this that the phone lose connection with SIM or should i replace it for a third N8?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: N8 Insert SIM card

[ Edited ]

FIrstly, make sure it is correct clicked into place.

Secondly, make sure you are using a standard SIM card, the N8 won't work properly with Micro-SIMs with or without adapters:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/n8-00/nokia-n8-how-to/get-familiar-with-your-device/...

If you have such a SIM card, you migth need to ask your network to provide a normal one instead.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
THXEX

I reside in Mexico City and I recently acquired the N8.

I am having this issue and it's driving me crazy.

The phone loses contact with the sim chip, normal size, no adapters, and it has to be restarted once and once again until one has to wiggle it again in and out of the socket for it to make contact again.

I have two weeks with the phone, and this is beggining to be a big bother. Can't believe this is happening in this phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
djmickey83

I have the same problem. 2 times in one day and I have this phone for 2days :smileysad:. I think it's firmware error...

Hope that it get's solved.

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

[ Edited ]

guys i dont mean we have the same issue but i just wanted you know just in the case you are using f-secure , i had same problem
before this program all was fime

once i deleted it never appear this problem again so if you have f-secure delete it and see how is going few days with out it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wassup

I have had the same problem. I currently use N8 and under Starhub Operator. When it happen for the first time,  I went to Starhub to have it replaced and it was fine. But it has happened again. I am going to see if I can clean the SIM card or i dont know...I really dont want to have it replaced again because the REAL problem is not being solved. Or identified yet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asvinp

Happens to me as well. Suddenly the SIM card stops working. Had to get a new one twice. Just started happening again. I'm using SimpleMobile. I don't think the F-Secure method works as i don't have it on my phone. Any other solutions??

Blackster
Please use plain text.