Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Insert Sim Card problem/error

Contributor
4yuzzz

N8 Insert Sim Card problem/error

My phone keeps displaying the message: Insert Sim Card then i lose reception and I cannot make or receive phone calls. Even during phone calls I get this error and loose contact.

After this message the menu button doesn't work! It just doesn't respond at all. This message and the menu button problem goes away when I reboot the phone. But after a while it shows up again. It's very annoying i cannot make or receive phone calls properly this way.

After this problem:

I have inserted the sim correctly. I did a software update on the phone. And finally i inserted other sim cards and the phone keeps displaying the error message.

Is this a software error or a hardware problem? Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: N8 Insert Sim Card problem/error

Sadly it appears that your phone has a hardware fault if the issue occurs with difference sim cards.

Depending on how you got the phone you either need to contact your network, the retailer or a Nokia care point for assistance.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SundaraIyer

I have been using N8 for last 1.5 years. Not had any major problems - been a happy Nokia customer.

For last couple of days my phone keeps restarting and keeps displaying message that Sim Card not found.

I take out the SIm and re-insert it - it behaves ok for sometime, then again back to same restarting routine.

Is this a software issue?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

It is problem with the sim card?
Do other sim cards work fine with your phone?
If other sim cards work fine then you need to get new sim card.
You can get new sim card from relevant service provider offices for a small fee, for this address proof and photos are required.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.