Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Internet Radio

Counsellor
gvp1995

Re: N8 Internet Radio

I also uninstalled Big Screen and Social and still have the same error. Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

keep trying

it may take a few attempts

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Strangely, internet radio installed on mine without incident even though I have Big screen and social 3 update.

There clearly must be some other issue preventing some people from installing this app.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gvp1995

Since some people were able to install Internet Radio just by uninstalling Big Screen and some not, it is possible to assume that there may be another app (settings?) sitting there and doing the same thing as Big Screen to some folks. On another note (this probably belongs to a different thread, but is related), when I uninstalled my working Internet Radio, which was designed for another Nokia phone (I forgot which exactly, but it did work), and then tried to install the new one and failed, I tried to install the old one, but also failed. In old good days of N82 I would simply restore the back up and that would bring my working system back. It was a snapshot of the OS. Now it is just a collection of items (contacts, settings, etc...). It did not help me in this case, and now I am screwed - without Internet Radio

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

There is an application available on the ovi store called " app stop ". Basically, it terminates all running applications and processes. It is more thorough than the N8's inbuilt task manager.

Try running that and then see if you can install internet radio.

Cheers.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Advisor
notaname

No, that also does not work.

Eric (no Social and no big screen)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gvp1995

Thank you. I tried 'app stop' but in vain. I also have NetQin antivirus/firewall suite installed. But before the info about Big Screen surfaced, I tried uninstalling it and it did not help. Maybe I have to uninstall it now after I got rid of Big Screen and Social?! It is getting complicated at this point. On the other hand Internet Radio was such a bless.  I could listen to the radio from all over the world, as well as my local NPR stations when I was traveling...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
q8phantom

[ Edited ]

For me, only uninstalled Nokia Big Screen,

It's not about social guys.

Now I installed the newest version yeah :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichdostres

For the ones that are still having problems already having uninstalled nokia big screen, you could try uninstalling stuff you have gotten from the nokia betalabs, that software is "beta" and is prone to bugs that could cause this (just like nokia big screen)

Please use plain text.
shreyu23

It worked... Guys, instead of uninstalling BigScreen and Social by clicking on 'Remove', go to Settings --> Applications Manager --> Installed Apps. --> Nokia BigScreen --> Uninstall. Follow the same exercise for Social.. You will then be able to install Nokia Internet Radio.

Hope this helps...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
notaname

Pffff... sw from Nokia Beta Labs, so it also can be Nokia Maps 3.06 or Swype?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gvp1995

Confirmed! It works. After uninstalling Nokia Big Screen! For those of you who still have problems, make sure you uninstall Nokia Big Screen. I can swear I did before, but found it sitting there, which probably means it has two components.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
notaname

But al lot of people with install problems don't haven Nokia Big Screen!
You can tell us to remove it and swear it helps but how do I remove a program I don't have installed?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I have to agree with notaname, I don't think Bigscreen is the only culprit preventing people

from installing internet radio.

As I mentioned before, I have Bigscreen, social and OVI maps beta 3.06 installed and was able to install internet radio without a problem.

There must be another issue/s causing this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have Bigscreen too, no prob with the internet radio or whatever so
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
racerex

Internet Radio installed fine for me.  From beta labs I had Ovi Map 3.06, Swype, and SoundTrckr installed.  I never had the Big Screen app.

Please use plain text.
parmenidis

i took social and the tv app out and installed it right away!

Please use plain text.

try this url for talksport in Nokia internet radio.
http://stream5.radiomonitor.com:80/talksport_world

Works on my n8
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malekolondon

I uninstalled Big screen and it worked for me as well.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
notaname

Yes, we know now.

Sixhundred other people tells us the same. :smileymad:

But for all the people who do'nt have Big Screen, tell us please a different solution.

Please use plain text.