Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Internet connection totally GONE, not Working, ...

Registered Member
kvety2010

N8 Internet connection totally GONE, not Working, unable to perform operation, connection failed

My internet connection on my nokia N8 had stopped working after connecting to the PC suite and installing maps.

I have tried ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, turning the phone off and on numerous times, making sure internet access point has number 1 priority, all the settings were 100% correct, but i was getting messages like:
"connection failed, try again later" or "unable to perform operation" when i tried doing anything online.
Cannot synchronize, not receiving any emails, not even talking about the attempts for opening any websites, not even google search.
Then i read on one of your forums that if i deleted all recent updates and all access points and reinstall these it would fix the problem after turning the phone off and back on. 
I have performed all as advised, and STILL NOTHING!!!
WHAT IS WORSE, I HAVE NOW LOST ALL GPRS SETTINGS SO I CANNOT USE THE SAT NAV WHICH I NEED THIS COMING FRIDAY!!!!!!!
The connection information is correct, but the phone does not connect to internet!!!
PLEASE HELP AS I AM NOW DESPERATE!!! DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX THIS THING!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
santamaria_ryan

Re: N8 Internet connection totally GONE, not Working, unable to perform operation, connection failed

I also experience the same problem after 4 months of using my nokia n8.. I just restored my back up on my nokia ovi suite. But right after the phone restarts, EVEN WIFI cannot be accessed. Nokia staffs, please do something about this. The price of your phone is not a joke.. But there you are having a screwed up product.. please help us...

Please use plain text.