Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Not receiving SMS? Turn off, turn on and re...

Counsellor
Tomboy88

N8 Not receiving SMS? Turn off, turn on and received with post time stamp...?

[ Edited ]

Strange problem this one...

My N8 has suddenly decided to stop receiving SMS messages... Until you turn the handset off, then back on (Note not an 8 seconds, buzz 3 times reset) at which time they flood through...

The strange thing is unlike when your phone has been turned off and then on and all of the messages come in time stamped as being "xx:xx" for when you turned it on these have times as if they have come in but not actually shown as being received... :-|

Probably worth saying that i currently have 5606 messages in my inbox...

Any ideas? I have already re-installed software version 022.014 and really don't want to resort to a *#7370# reset :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: N8 Not receiving SMS? Turn off, turn on and received with post time stamp...?

Your problem is the 5606 messages.
So either back them upon the ovi suite or delete them,also check the sub folders and do the same..

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tomboy88

Re: N8 Not receiving SMS? Turn off, turn on and received with post time stamp...?

Systematically deleting them at the moment... Shame i can't keep my lifes history :smileytongue: lol.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

keep us updated....

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Tomboy88 wrote:

Systematically deleting them at the moment... Shame i can't keep my lifes history :smileytongue: lol.

Did you try SYNC with OVI Suite before deleting ? It could have preserved your lifes history...

Please use plain text.
AORemi

I hope this helps:

Set your meassages to download automatically rather than manually.

Please use plain text.