Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8: Online flash videos like youtube not working.

Counsellor
sabbyj

Re: N8: Online flash videos like youtube not working.

@carman58 I'm on a wifi connection, so connectivity is not an issue. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the firmware, and the nokia browser.
Sincerely,
Sabbyj

Hit the kudos button if I was of any help to you. And don't forget to mark the solution if I get one.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

For me flash stopped working, as well as kind of breaking ovi store, when I tried the latest nokia reader, which in turn required an updated ovi notifications support package.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thewonderer

@sabbyj

I have the same problem! i cant watch youtube videos. i dont know when it began. check my video at youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASFv3eXJ0s

i could use the "flash video player(beta)" but not anymore same prob like u!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sabbyj

in the video, as i see it, u hav a slightly different issue, flash player beta(dats in the mobile version of youtube) works fine for me, but it's the desktop version of youtube player that doesn't work on my N8 anymore, tho i clearly remember it was working on my device about a month or so ago. It works on my N97, it works on my dad's C6-01, it works on my brother's N8, but it doesn't work on mine. I've even tried the hard reset. No solutions till now. I wish there was a harder reset than that.

Sincerely,
Sabbyj

Hit the kudos button if I was of any help to you. And don't forget to mark the solution if I get one.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mobDRG

Hi,

Where did you get the following info:

"

In fact Youtube and all other like Dailymotion changed Flash 10.1 compatibility to 10.2 for accelerated Flash for GPU. It is optimised for Flash10.2 on Windows, compatible with Flash 10.1 and incompatible with Flash Lite 4."????

I have the same problem with my Nokia.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mustaq2001

Hi. I face the same issue as mentioned above. The issue occurs in youtube desktop version or any other sites like ted. I took my phone to nokia care and they re installed the OS, but it did not work.later they mentioned that this is due to the OS update to PR 1.2. Now I have symbian anna, but the issue still persists. Which version of the OS does your brother have. Can someone from NOKIA please comment on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sandeepdasnp

Re: C7: Online flash videos like youtube not working.

Hi,

My Nokia C7-00 Online Videos like youtube not working

Thanks/Regards

s

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sabbyj

hey, brother ahs the same firmware version that i have, aka Symbian Anna.....the vidoes work in his phone, and not mine. It's rather frustrating.

Sincerely,
Sabbyj

Please use plain text.
luis_350e32

I do have the same problem since April 2011, I did everything to fix it, I contacted Nokia Customer care and I did all troubleshooting, I did soft reset, hard reset, re install firmware via Nokia suite that was when the firmware available was de PR1.2 , I  installed then a flash lite version 3.1 (I suppose It’s for Nokia N97) and it worked but to slow and to many bugs , but I was able again to watch YouTube videos on desktop mode on my Nokia N8, because it was using a different version of flash lite it worked.

Then I had to uninstall flash lite 3.1 and returns automatically the version 4, and now I am not able to see desktop YouTube videos on my N8.

Less than 2 weeks ago I update from Symbian ^3 PR1.2  to Symbian Belle based on Anna version 22, and I tried to watch YouTube videos but same happened just the F sign for flash , then couple of days ago the official symbian anna was available for my product code and I downgraded to Symbian ^3 PR1.1 and tried to  watch YouTube videos and same problem, then I Updated my N8 with Symbiam Anna V25.007, tried again and same issue. I am just hoping for a flash lite version 4.5 o something like that to avoid this problem. I am frustrated

Please use plain text.
MervinGeorge

[ Edited ]

hi all,

i'm facing similar issue with the "f" symbol coming in as if not able to stream the youtube videos. i just tried from my N8 by going on to the following link http://www.google.com/mobile/ and then just clicked on the youtube link over there. since then i am able to play the videos. I also realised that the flash version is not up to date which is resulting on the inability to view the videos. At the same time you can view the same video if you try playing it from the m.youtube.com

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
shericoco

na waoh. something that played they other day, longer playing. what's going on???
Please use plain text.
sygnal

Same problem, since few days YouTube desktop version (and others video site) stop playing videos (other content load correctly). Anybody solve the problem ? Mayby some aplications couse the problem ? 

Regards

Please use plain text.