Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 - Ovi store does not load correctly

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@phyrhone

On my N8 just back from having firmware re-flashed with PR1.2 had to carry deeper of the two factory settings followed by installing Qt 4.6.3 to C:\ and webkit.sis to E:\ then go to OVI Store in browser to download OVI Store client.

Think I got message about widget being missing on re-start after re-set, perhaps I was just lucky!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
phyrhone

Hey guys you know what I found this solution that let the OVI store installed and launched successfully. Now my OVI store is now up and running smoothly working.

Just download this file from beta labs regardless if your S^3 phone has QT 4.6 or .4.7.

Here is the link for you to download.

Click   Ovi Notifications Support Package

Install it and download OVI Store, install and it will launch automatically.

Hope it helps you guys :-)

Cheers,

Will Phyrhone

Will "Phyrhone" Laurent

" A simple task, doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Use your brain."
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Numis

Still crashes on launch for me. Thanks for the attempt anyway.
N8 / RM-596
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
291198el

I have the same problem dear .I am fet up with this phone , I bought it before 6 months for 500 euros and I believe its a disaster.I dont know what to do anymore , after 1 month I bought it the phone died, they replace it inside and then I updated the firmware throw ovi suite and I lost my default language I took it to nokia care they fix it with me paying 30 euros and then I have this problem with ovi store and another big problem I am off battery till launch ! If anyone is thinking to buy this phone do not addept to do it .

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
phyrhone

my friend's N8 PR1.2 firmware after a hard reset can install OVI store. 

Brought back QT 4.6.3 instead QT 4.7.3 . Then tried OVI Notification package - no luck.. I wondered since it's hard reset no update installed yet.. So I went to the software update, found OVI and Social update there.-updated. Phone restarted as prompted. 

Pulled up OVI store right after the restart - failed to launch. Tried OVI Notification package-presto installing and successfully installed (NOTE: OVI Notification package comes with SSOUI, Ovi shared, SSOUI-Shared installers).  Second attempt to launch OVI store - still failed.

Installed QT 4.7.3. Done and succesfully installed. Manually restarted the phone. Third attempt to launch OVI Store - successfull! Perfect! and updated to it's current version after he signed in. "Welcome to Store" loading. Now he can download and surf apps from OVI Store.

Hope it helps guys.

Will "Phyrhone" Laurent

" A simple task, doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Use your brain."
Please use plain text.