Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Remote Desktop or Teamviewer

Counsellor
omersah

N8 Remote Desktop or Teamviewer

Hi

I wan to use my n8 to connect my pc via remote dekstop. I know that teamviewer has version for iphone and android.

İf you know any other good application please let us know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Re: N8 Remote Desktop or Teamviewer

Try SymRDP or Salling Clicker.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sathyagolds

Hiya there!

I guess SymRDP doesn't support for N8.

Can someone help me in finding some remote destop applications to pair my PC and my N8 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Hooshee

I'm pretty much interested in finding one too... I had no luck until now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jubud

Hey guys/gals,

I just installed TSmobiles on my N8 and it works! Its crude and fidgity but its the only one I've found. I can view my desktop, although it was bunched up and I had to close all but the critical windows.

Google "TSmobiles". Good luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mobus

Hold your thumbs for "remoQte".

It currently support only a virtual keyboard and mouse, but has desktop streaming in the pipeline!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
faraxx1

Just grab kinoni remote desktop from n8fanclub

cheers

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

I am using Kinoni Remote Desktop (ovi store), it works and can be used also in shareware mode, but since one year or so I cannot change the cursor mouse type anymore (it only shows the "compass rose" movement type in upper right corner). I suppose it is related to the PC drivers, since it works the same (i.e. buggy) on N8 with Belle and on fresh flashed Anna on same phone. I am using the paid version, so a shareware limitation is out of question.

(also in recent installation the first launch help screen afer install does not show anymore as it once was)

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

You may also be interested in TouchRemote, which is a Java app that runs pretty well on Symbian. I have used it successfully on a Nokia 808 connected to a PC running Windows 7. The app is also still being updated, as the client is also available for Android (and Blackberry). The server app, which is also available as a demo, runs on the PC, and can work over the internet (typically with some tweaks to the router settings) as well as within a LAN or by Bluetooth. Since there is no central database of clients kept on a server somewhere, it's not as easy as Teamviewer to set up. Here's a lnk to the developer's site:

http://touchremote.eu/

The client can also be obtained through the Nokia Store, but that's the free part.

http://store.ovi.com/content/143695

Please use plain text.