Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 SD Card Capacity/Size Limit

Contributor
dwjpdwjp
Accepted Solution

N8 SD Card Capacity/Size Limit

Hi,

The spec for the N8 says that the SD card works upto a 32GB size.

Is the unit limited to reading this size? or will it accept a larger GB size?

If so is there a limit on this size?

Regards

dwjpdwjp

Please use plain text.
sharonx

Re: N8 SD Card Capacity/Size Limit

the limit is 32GB

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

your phone is guaranteed to accept cards for up to 32gb in memory, anything else you can do at your own risk. stick to 32 GB tho i don't know who would even want to put more stuff on a phone i find that 32gb is more then sufficient can't imagine 64GB that one might need in a phone.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
aliqudsi

not just a 64 gb card but witht eh 16 gig internal 

thats almost as much as my hardrive...

If you found this post or any other psot helpful please press the green kudus star :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dwjpdwjp

Thanks for the replies...

I have just over 60Gb in music.. let alone office files which I would seek to commute with me... So using a larger internal SD card would save on using the USB pen facility (although this is very helpful..)

I will look inot it a bit more... and see how viable it is... and if I can get a compatable SD card..

Thanks

dwjp

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DrTech

In this case I suggest using 2 or more SD cards . I don't think the device will be able to handle cards above 32GB.
Your feedback please when you try it.
thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
racerex

Has anyone been able to successfully use a 64GB card with the N8?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nickb99

Yes apparently. Check out this other discussions post here; /t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/64GB-SD-Flash-on-N8/td-p/864801
Now running a 701, beautiful phone to handle and use...now that it has stopped sending my personal information to Nokia via 360Panel [rolls eyes]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thundermax

Hi,

I can confirm that the new Sandisk microSDXC 64GB perfectly works in N8.

The only thing to do is format the card in N8 BEFORE trying anything. If you don't, chances are that it will only show 27.5 GB free... :smileyhappy:

You can get this card for less than 80Eur these days...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thundermax

Also, if you want top performances and reactivity, go for the 32GB class10 instead (SDXC64GB are class6)...

These 32GB cards are cheap (+/- 30Eur) and really snappy.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nickb99

It does not apply to the N8 but I get just as good performance on my 64gb Class 6 card on my 701 as I did with the Class 10 32gb card in my 5800. I guess the better processor in the 701.

The 32gb Class 6 card did not work too well for me in the 5800. For example it would not load the full list of songs (thousands) for example for a long time. It was the opposite of 'snappy'  :smileyhappy:

This issue was resolved immediately I changed to a 32gb Class 10 card. 

I know the N8 has a slightly faster CPU than the 5800.  Regardless,  you are always best to pay an extra few dollars and get the higher Class speed card you can IMHO.

Now running a 701, beautiful phone to handle and use...now that it has stopped sending my personal information to Nokia via 360Panel [rolls eyes]
Please use plain text.