Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Says Conn. Failed and conn unavailable

Advisor
hotshot2797
Accepted Solution

N8 Says Conn. Failed and conn unavailable

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Whenever I try to connect to a wlan or my gprs it says Conn. Failed and conn available.This started to happen when I did a hard reset to my phone.Before It was okay.Pls Help

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshot2797

Pls Help Me Farby
Please use plain text.
Professor

I did 3 hard resets toi my N8 and never a problem like this, apart from losing ovi store .

Wnen trying to connect to your wi-fi does it ask for the passphrase? And if yes, as I guess, after you type it in what does happen?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshot2797

I have done as you said but still no use. Should i go to care center and ask for a reflash of the Frimware ?

Please use plain text.
Professor

Could you please be more comprehensive? Does your N8 correctly "see" your wi-fi? If yes, after digiting the passphrase, does it accept it? If yes, then can you see the new connection correctly listed among  the internet destinations? And is the internet destination folder set as default connection?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshot2797

Sorry Abt that. I did whatever u told but no use. Shud I go for the reflash?

Please use plain text.
Professor

t seem to me veeeeeri veeeery strange such an issue after a hard reset. Hard reset is on the opposite suggested in case like yours. Anyway, before a reflash by NCC you could try a fw reinstall via OVI Suite. Then , shouldn't solve, NCC

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ameetw

Hi, For my case, I had the same Issue. This is because the phone tries to connect to the 3G, Edge or whatever network system provided. It does not care for the Wlan. I leave the network connection to Always ask so now I don't have that problem anymore.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshot2797

I did  reinstall but no use. I'm getting a replacement. But even my Gprs/3G Isnt Workin 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshot2797

Hi,

Guys It started to work.. I only had to connect it to the new nokia ovi suite thats it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cill1214

I had my Nokia N8 for about a month now. Few days ago I had encountered the same problem. Everytime I tried to log in in my ovi account I get this message conn. failed conn. unavailable and then it hanged. I am a little bit  **bleep** off with this annoying message. Can anyone help me?  I am very disaapointed. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
incarvr6

[ Edited ]

I haw a same problem, only difference is that this started after backup restore from pc. I haw 2 different backups and both seems with bad settings, or problem maybe is with phone, i mean that it stores data wrong, i don't know. For me only way i foud is reflash from OVI it reflashes but problem staes

We have edited your post. This is an unauthorised procedure which invalidates the warranty of a Nokia device and so we don't allow it to be discussed on an official Nokia forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshot2797

Hello cili1214,

1.Do a backup of ONLY YOUR IMAGES,VIDEOS AND CONTACTS.Do Not BACKUP SETTINGS using Ovi Suite

2.Dial *#7370# On Your Phone.

3.Let It Reset.

4.Restore Using Ovi Suite And Voila It Works!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thaddyusmaximus

Mine started doing this after switching carriers from tmobile to At&t. On Tmobile it is perfect. I did a hard reset only to fix the problem momentarily. Mine does this about every few days. Its seem to do it when it disconnects from 3G then cannot reconnect. A work around I found is to do the battery pull simulation by holding the power button for 10 seconds. 

I'm wondering is there a permanent fix for this for AT&T?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thaddyusmaximus

I think I found the permanent fix for AT&T. Go in to Settings > Connectivity > Admin. settings > Packet data:

Packet data connection = When available

Access Point = "AT&T Internet"

High speed packet access = Enabled.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ariamuh123

having d same problem.. tried ovi suite.. but of no use... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
jdsilva

When i used OVI or OVI  Maps it sayed Connection failed Connection unavailable.
But it's o.k.
I changed the settings & now it's working fine.
If someone has this problem i would like to help.

JUDE
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rashmi8765

reset worked!!!!!!!!! thank you so much!!
Please use plain text.
polar_bear

[ Edited ]

Placing the correct access point in the packet data settings as someone mentioned above worked.

For me, the problem started when I switched networks.

No reset or any other tricks were required.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frankjim14

thank you, it works..
Please use plain text.