Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Sim Card Full?

Sage
Accepted Solution

N8 Sim Card Full?

So I just got my N8 yesterday and loving!

But it keeps saying my "SIM memory full"

The sim is straight out of my N95-3.

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

that means you filled it, there is no more space to store new entries. sim has only a limited number of entries that can be stored.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you did not add any more contacts then its the messages... 

Also note that It is always good to store contacts on Phone memory to have the full functionality of phone's contact folder.. as you can store many details of the person along with more than one no. for the same person.. This will not be possible if you store them on the SIM.

..but with this take back-ups at regular intervals.. as if something happens to the phone ( does not switch on at all..) you do not lose them..

... and to transfer these contacts use the 'Switch' function in the phone..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage

I used ovi contacts to get all my contacts onto the phone from online. So I assume its on the phone memory...

So how do I go about clearing the sim so I stop getting that message?

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]

it is probably your sim messages that need to be erased, you can do that by going to :

Menu > Messaging > Options > Sim Messages

delete all sim messages and your issue should be solved

that might be one issue, the other is to erase some contacts 

also consider how old is your sim card? if it is older then two years you might want to upgrade it via your provider and see if it might have a bigger capacity for contact storage 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage

Awesome it worked! Thanks for the help :smileyhappy: Ill swing by Fido and get a new one for good measure :smileytongue:

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

you are most welcome. glad you got it sorted :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lou413

Hi Radical24 - just got myself an N8 which was a replacement for the N97 mini which spent more time in repair than in my hand! However I digress, I also had the Sim card full problem and thought I would check out the forum and, lo and behold, you have answered the question before I asked it! Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LokeCS

My problem solved. Thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
veronnie

Thank you so much, it was driving crazy. Veronnie
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks good solution BUT much as I am a Nokia fan this demonstrates what is wrong with Symbian. Surely a modern OS would have a way of not only telling you the SIM card is full but also asking you whether you want to delete the offending data....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Petronell

this worked for me, thanx!
Please use plain text.
1catr

This works fine on Nokia 5800 xpress music too

Thanks a lot

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.