Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Symbian Belle update:: Long Wait!!!

vivekpsingh

Dear Dan ,
let me share my experience THE MIGHTY NOKIA N8.
DAY 1- brought it home ...played video........restarts 5 times.
DAY 2- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY 3- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
.THIS CONTINUES FOR 10 DAYS AFTER WHICH I GIVE IT TO NOKIA CARE.

DAY 11- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY 12- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY 13- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
CONTINUES FOR 15 DAYS.......GAVE IT TO NOKIA CARE....GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 DAYS OF EXTENSIVE TESTING.

DAY XXX- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY XXXX- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
THIS **bleep** AGAIN STARTS TO RESTART.....SO IMMEDIATELY I HAD TO GIFT IT BACK TO NOKIA CARE.......GOT BACK THIS TIME WITH MOTHER BOARD CHANGED AS THE CARE GUYS TOLD ME............
SO WHAT DOES THIS STORY PROOVE...........NOT ONLY NOKIA,S SOFTWARE AS WELL AS THEIR HARDWARE IS ALSO **bleep**.......THANKS FOR ALL THE TROUBLE........
WILL DIE BUT "NO"KIA......
Please use plain text.
Advisor

@vivekpsingh

vivekpsingh wrote:
Dear Dan ,
let me share my experience THE MIGHTY NOKIA N8.
DAY 1- brought it home ...played video........restarts 5 times.
DAY 2- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY 3- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
.THIS CONTINUES FOR 10 DAYS AFTER WHICH I GIVE IT TO NOKIA CARE.

DAY 11- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY 12- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY 13- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
CONTINUES FOR 15 DAYS.......GAVE IT TO NOKIA CARE....GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 DAYS OF EXTENSIVE TESTING.

DAY XXX- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
DAY XXXX- ...played video/browse net........restarts 5-6 times
THIS **bleep** AGAIN STARTS TO RESTART.....SO IMMEDIATELY I HAD TO GIFT IT BACK TO NOKIA CARE.......GOT BACK THIS TIME WITH MOTHER BOARD CHANGED AS THE CARE GUYS TOLD ME............
SO WHAT DOES THIS STORY PROOVE...........NOT ONLY NOKIA,S SOFTWARE AS WELL AS THEIR HARDWARE IS ALSO **bleep**.......THANKS FOR ALL THE TROUBLE........
WILL DIE BUT "NO"KIA......

You're just full of **bleep**. I don't think you've ever owned a Nokia...and if you somehow did, you probably had no clue (and I mean no clue) of what you were doing. Let me ask you a simple "philosophical" question: is this allege phone the only device that you were having problems with or more or less this is the story of your pathetic life? If you can't handle this kinds of things just stay away from them...you know, they are just NOT for everyone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hash008

N8 Symbian Belle update:: Long Wait!!!

Finally they say it will Roll out on Feb 2012-- Name has changed from Symbian Belle to 'Nokia Belle'. As per Nokia conversation's the Belle will start roll out on Feb 2012 for all supported devices. For more details,  see the link below:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/12/21/nokia-belle-coming-soon/

Isn't a long wait??? Yes, and again users are not sure whether Nokia can meet the deadlines.

*** I am unhappy to see some other  Nokia fans ire and yelling at users who all are participating in the discussion. I am also a Nokia fan and I am here to discuss about the 'Product and Services' not about 'People (users)' 

Regards,

Hash

Please use plain text.
theraj

[ Edited ]

I'd like to suggest that N8 be re-released with a higher processor. Pardon me if I'm wrong on saying so.. I feel that N8 is the second best  phone ever created by nokia (N9 being first). N8 is very popular among gadget freaks and phone maniacs. The best camera phone till date. The legacy must continue.  I sure Nokia fans will love to see the improved N8.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Nice Idea there @theraj... But let's wait and see. I still feel the predecessor will be a much better piece of engineering.

Personally, I wouldn't mind using the N8 till I die, it just needs a few tweaks there and there to make it an even meaner beast.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hs85

In my opinion i cant see why people are waiting so for the belle update. Nokia have managed to fix the mail issues as far as i can see, and I know what i bought, a nokia n8 with symbian. I think many people in here are hoping for a ui that is something else really. I have had my phone for over 1 year now, and the last 5-6 mnds I find it just the way i expected to work. I dont want an iphone....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
thanse

Hi I have a n8 it works perfect for me and I have never had any problems at all with the phone

it does what I want I keep it updated when updates are available,I have had it fore over a year now in fact it is so god that I did buy one more last week to stay safe if the first one breaks or get

damaged.

I wonder what that belle update do fix or correct on my phone that already is really god.

I want new functionality and stuff but it is really no rush to get it like yesterday if you know what I mean.

:trond

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Zeronanoseconds

[ Edited ]

Wiating for Symbian Belle is a good thing....

I have been a Symbian/UIQ user since 2004, Nokia 6600.. and have watched how Nokia releases updates... generally after the 6th update the phone is stable and highly usable.

Given Nokia's release strategy, all I have done all these years I never bought a new Nokia phone again, always waited 12 to 18 months for someone else pay the premium of a new phone let them get angry with the reboots and sold it at a bargain.

I  just bought a N8 2nd hand for 200 Euros. I guessed right that it would be stable and apart from having trouble (due to an interrupted update) and had to reset it, the phone is very very stable. I've never seen it reboot or crash. Only issue I've seen is the Swype keyboard under Whatsapp... but htat is not an OS issue.

I view the Belle delay a good thing and hopefully it is an attempt to make sure their updates are rock solid, kind of like what Apple does.... Given track recordI will not be updating until I see that there are sizable number of users saying it is bug free...  why would I part with Anna stability for some UI stuff... Maybe Nokia can do a great job and prove they have turned a page on how the updates are done....

In contrast if you loook at Apple, their first versions are normally great and fast, and as updates and times go by the phone becomes slower and unusable.... Nokia is the oposit, their products are buggy and have to wait for updates but over time the handset becomes more and more stable....

It is obvious which software/product release strategy will lead to more sales......

We can see things are changing at Nokia and maybe they surprise and awe us with a bug free Belle updates on the N8, E7 and all the older Anna hand sets..

Please use plain text.
tihomir_petkov

Re: N8 Simian Belle update:: Long Wait!!!

[ Edited ]

Simian was never stable, my 6680 was restarting several times a day, very annoying when during a call, the 5800 express music was such a disappointment, it was nokia's answer to  iphone 2, my N900 was the most stable nokia I've ever had till if refused to switch on one day, it was only landscape mode, the front camera and the infrared port were completely unusable, because nokia decided that somebody would make apps for them? Very stupid idea! Maps were bad, very bad, nothing like simian^3, the updates - it seems that nokia really doesn't give a shhh about the users and makes nothing to improve user experience, I'm using now N8 which is way better that N900, but it also crashed several times before the Anna update, it's no fun, the thing I don't like at first place - no flash support, no external intelligence like siri, maps ain't that good, the camera also! the truth is that nokia are using cheaper parts - lower resolution displays, low performance processors... hey but the have good designers :smileyhappy: and they use standard ports - like hdmi, sim (not micros sim), usb; i really dont like iphone's stupid charging and everything else port which reminds me of the old nokia's phones headset port, which was superbad !!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
another_rob

Huh? What planet are you living on?
There may not be full Flash support, but Flash Lite is supported.
Siri really isn't intelligent - eats up data and has to do everything via it's servers rather than using the device...and some of the responses it comes up with proves very little intelligence...
Nokia Maps are good - different feel to gmaps, but work really well.
As for the Camera on the N8 - you don't like that? Do you actually know how to take a picture? You seem to be about the only person who can't take good pics with an N8....
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Is there a new update availble yet ? my phone and ovi suite both say there is a update but, ovi goes through the back up , prepairs to install , then i get a error message saying un able to connect to service , check fire wall settings etc, make sure phone is online etc, tried a 5 times now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hash008

Hi Everyone,

Anyone received the official Belle update?? Discussions are 'On' in some forum that Belle update started showing up.

I have taken an Android phone as well, now that I actually don't worry about its release date.

I still firmly believe that Nokia should'nt have switch to WP, instead Symbian could have enhanced. Just a thought.
Please use plain text.
Sage

thanse wrote:

Hi I have a n8 it works perfect for me and I have never had any problems at all with the phone

it does what I want I keep it updated when updates are available,I have had it fore over a year now in fact it is so god that I did buy one more last week to stay safe if the first one breaks or get

damaged.

I wonder what that belle update do fix or correct on my phone that already is really god.

I want new functionality and stuff but it is really no rush to get it like yesterday if you know what I mean.

Dont worry too much ... I have abused mine and it still works

30 metre fall down a concrete silo landing on concrete

lol - this is the funny one

working on my car one weekend and talking to freinds and I left my black N8 on the engine cover.  Well, as you can guess there was something I needed at the store and off I went

at about 30km I heard something banging around in my radiator fan and then a bump, bump as my 2 ton 4x4 went over it. Oh sheet...

IT WAS STILL WORKING.... and has for the last 6 months since.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

whatsamatteryou wrote:

thanse wrote:

damaged.

working on my car one weekend and talking to freinds and I left my black N8 on the engine cover.  Well, as you can guess there was something I needed at the store and off I went

at about 30km I heard something banging around in my radiator fan and then a bump, bump as my 2 ton 4x4 went over it. Oh sheet...

OMG upload pics!!! interested in what it looks like after all that torture :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sydney_vienna

@ hash008

Nokia Suite has just advised me that the Belle update was available.Had just commenced the download, but decided against it and stopped it. My phone works well, so I will wait for a while

Please use plain text.
Sage

XxWWWSAMxX wrote:

whatsamatteryou wrote:

thanse wrote:

damaged.

OMG upload pics!!! interested in what it looks like after all that torture :smileysurprised:

I would but you cannot see anything as I did replace the glass as it landed face down in the road and cracked the glass (1 hairline fracture). The exterior has no marks and now looks the same as before. If I had driven over it face up it would have been without any marks. A small bit of rock was driven into the surface of the glass hence the crack. Still worked fine and I just replaced the glass and bezel after a week( if you do this get both -easier).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nishant18

is nokia belle update aval?

Please use plain text.
siritammo

N8 Symbian Belle update:: Long Wait!!!Options
Mark Post as NewAdd This Post to My BookmarksAdd This Post to My SubscriptionsSubscribe to This Topic's RSS FeedHighlight This PostPrint This PostE-Mail this Post to a FriendReport Inappropriate Content23-Dec-2011 03:09 PM

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

No, It will ony be available in February, Not sure about the exact date, but Feb is 6 days away now.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
bigbobbyboogie

[ Edited ]

hs85 wrote:
In my opinion i cant see why people are waiting so for the belle update. Nokia have managed to fix the mail issues as far as i can see, and I know what i bought, a nokia n8 with symbian. I think many people in here are hoping for a ui that is something else really. I have had my phone for over 1 year now, and the last 5-6 mnds I find it just the way i expected to work. I dont want an iphone....

Can you, or anyone, direct me to the answer on the email fix (for gmail and imap)? I can't seem to find any, but maybe I am just looking at the wrong posts.

Please use plain text.