Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 - Vibrate text alert. Only vibrates once. How c...

Contributor
jamphi24

N8 - Vibrate text alert. Only vibrates once. How can I amend? Vibrate Force.

My n8 only vibrates once when on silent. It is not very noticable and I would like it to vibrate several times. Am I able to change this?

Also is it possible to change the force of the vibrate as it seems quite weak compared to the n97?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: N8 - Vibrate text alert. Only vibrates once. How can I amend? Vibrate Force.

What you need to do is edit the silent profile.

Do this:

Menu > Settings > Profiles > Silent > Personalise > Message alert tones > Tones > Select something from the list.

The length of the file you select from that list will change how long the phone vibrates for. If you want two vibrations select the "message1.aac" tone.

The sound will not be played so the phone will still be silent. The actual force of the vibration cannot be changed but this setting does appear to give a longer vibration that does feel stronger.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: N8 - Vibrate text alert. Only vibrates once. How can I amend? Vibrate Force.

:smileymad: there are about 6 message alert tones, but all seem to be exactly the same on silent!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

:smileyhappy: Okay got it to work on message tone 5.  I had to choose it under general first, then under silent.  Now I get 3 vibrates, and they seem much stronger.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Raxiel

Sorry to necro such an old thread, but i'm trying to do this on Belle and i'm not having any luck at all, anyone know a working method with the latest firmware?

Thanks

N8 Owner
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Raxiel

[ Edited ]

Edit: No, the original instructions still apply to Belle, you just have to know that the phone won't vibrate when on the charger. Leaving this here just in case anyone else comes searching later.

N8 Owner
Please use plain text.