Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Xenon Flash Not Working

dharro

N8 Xenon Flash Not Working

I have a new N8 and the camera flash does not work. I have tried it in automatic mode and manually set it to on with no result. I have also tried a reboot and this also had no effect.

Has anybody else had this problem,  or will a visit to a repair centre be my only option.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: N8 Xenon Flash Not Working

Well if u have tried and it still does not work and it should then ur only option is eoter to exchange the phone if u r working exchange limits or go to Nokia care :smileysad:
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iyer_vj

I have purchased the Nokia N8 just weeks back and I find the same problem. My xenon flash is not working.  I have tried every option available in the camera settings, rebooting the device but in vain.

Today I had been to the service center and they communicated that the device software needs to be re-installed.  I tried even doing the same but the flash does not work.

I have no option but to hand it over to the service center for checking the hardware.  It is really disgusting.

Has any one countered the same problem and has got a solution ?

Please use plain text.
mazumbado

Same here, a couple of weeks after I got it the flash stopped working. The red light still works, but the Xenon flash is gone.

I've tried all settings in the camera, turning it on/off, resetting, hard reset, reinstall software. Nothing has worked :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
pjly

My flash has stopped working too. I've had the phone since November, it worked while taking one photo then tried to take another a couple of seconds later no flash. I've also tried manually setting the flash to on and resetting the phone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
mazumbado

:squint::squint::squint:

I have the exact same issue. The flash will randomly work for one picture, then not work at all again till a  couple of hours later.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

If the unit appears to have failed, you should contact your nearest Nokia Care point who will diagnose the issue, and assuming that there are no external factors to consider the devices should be fixed under warranty.

For details on how to find your nearest point, please see the 'support' pages of the Nokia web site for your country.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
mazumbado

:squint::squint:

Yeah, and I'll then have to wait a month for your **bleep** costumer service to give me back my phone.

Thank you Nokia, you suck and have managed to lose a faithful costumer.

Please use plain text.
pjly

Does the phone have to be sent away? No chance of a fix while Im there? the nearest nokia care centre is over an hour away and would be annoying to get there and leave empty handed.

Please use plain text.
aji_ash

When I contacted the care point ppl for the same issue, they wanted to replace the whole unit than the flash only, eventhough redlight and camera are working. Is it something like they don't have any provision to change only flash??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeevan22041987

i have brought new n8 on 28/1/12 xenon flash not working only red light is coming, why there is no stringent quality checks, i feel bad to give new set for repairs hope you guys will improve ane do the needful
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silverzone_03

Actually its seems that its a manufacturing defect with NEW nokia N8 coz I also find same problem with new N8 red lights working fine but FLASH doesn't... And if its new dont go to care give it back to VENDOR he will swap it with NEW... Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silverzone_03

dont give it to CARE give it back to the shop from where u purchased it... Its manufacturing defect it should be replaced...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deathstroke25

i just did the format of my n8 and now the xenon  flash is not working..even when the setthing is flash on..pls..help

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wollepatong

I just successfully "repaired" my N8's flash. I hit my desk twice with some anger (bang, bang) in my movement and now the Xenon fires without problems. Might be some dust or shaky contact insides, but I don't care.. it is working like when it was new. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wollepatong

I forgot: I hit the desk with the N8 !!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
start78

The russian method: Force allways works best. Congratulations!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
electrickal1

This seems to be a massive problem for the Nokia N8 as there are loads and loads of internet discussions about it. I sucessfully repaired my zenon flash this morning by installing a brand new flash module which I got off eBay for under a fiver. Installation took less than 20 minutes and the problem has been sucessfully resolved!! It is nothing at all to do with software updates or incorrect settings, but instead seems to be an electrical failure within the zenon module itself and a changeout will be the only cure. Ease of task...... 5/10 but beware of soft T5 screws as they will "round out" and become VERY difficult to remove!!!
Please use plain text.