Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 and E7 phone book's both corrupted by broken da...

Advisor
markcoe69
Accepted Solution

N8 and E7 phone book's both corrupted by broken data lead - help!!!

hi there,     I have a N8 and my wife has an E7 and both our phone books have gone corrupt after i sync'd all on nokia suite + check for updates.   It was on a laptop that  has not used in a while (2-3 months) but it has always been ok before BUT BUT BUT i found out since that our rabbit had chewed the long nokia data lead that i used.

I have back ups of both phones in the past + use ovi sync (to the net) just incase but I need to know how to overwrite my phone book with an older copy as nokia suite is pants as adds both out phone books together and also it has updated automatically via auto sync with our corrupt data.

im sure its the data lead at fault as my wife said her phone would not respond to anything earlier when on charge using that lead but was ok once disconnected.

thanks in advance!!!!!

Mark

I HATE THE N8 ALPHA NUMERIC KEYPAD MENU BUTTON!!! - what idiot put it under the spacebar!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
markcoe69

Re: N8 and E7 phone book's both corrupted by broken data lead - help!!!

looks like i have fixed it by going to backup and restore in file manager BUT worried about nokia sync that it will mess it all up again - oh well, here goes...........
I HATE THE N8 ALPHA NUMERIC KEYPAD MENU BUTTON!!! - what idiot put it under the spacebar!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
markcoe69

right ere we go again - restore through the phone was perfect. I then connected it to nokia suite and it corrupted them again.
Restored phone again and then deleted all contacts in nokia suite and connected USB lead again and it put the corrupt file on it again! GRRR

SO....... then i restored phhone on nokia suite and it was ok until it synced contacts and put the corrupt file on it again!!!!!! DOH!!!

Any ideas how to clear the contacts or update them in nokia suite?

Mark
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

In Nokia Suite, open contacts, right click on first contact, select all, right click, delete ! Then sync phone again and all will be restored as on phone, then in settings make sure you chose keep phone data in case of conflict and things should stay as you want them !

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
markcoe69

tried deleting all contacts in nokia suite then resync and they went back to the corrupt file again SO i deleted contacts again in nokia suite then deleted the deleted contacts and now all is ok.   thanks for your reply!

is there any way of nokia suitecopying gallery and contacts to the computer without consolidating the data from 2 phones?

Mark

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Unfortunately not, only two solutions as far as I know, are to either use seperate compuers, or to use PC suite and Nokia Suite and sync one phone with each, As long as PC suite is running before you connect the phone it will work with Symbian^3 handsets :smileyhappy:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.