Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 animated screensavers gone after pr1.1 upgr...

Advisor

N8 animated screensavers gone after pr1.1 upgrade????

where have they gone???? and why have they gone? mine used to work a dream with no problems at all? is there anyway i can downgrade back to 1.0????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: N8 animated screensavers gone after pr1.1 upgrade????

It's a mystery as to why they were removed, you can ask nokia the question directly by using the "contact us" link near the top of the page.

It's not possible to downgrade the phone yourself. To get firmware downgraded you need to visit a nokia care point. It's not a recommended procedure so they may not be willing to do it. Contact your nearest one and ask them.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

daft reason to downgrade your firmware if you ask me.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

reply from my message to nokia

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Email Care.

We understand that you would like to have your phone support animated screensavers.

In response to your concern, please be advised that with software upgrades there are certain functions that may or may not be retained as other functions are added with an update.

With regard to the need for this, we will forward your concern to the relevant department for further research and review to see if they may be able to include this in a future update.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

For future reference, please feel free to check our website. Kindly refer to the link below:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support

You may also call our Customer Care Hotline at 0845-045-5555, Mon-Fri 9am-7pm (except bank and public holidays).

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

All you can do is wait and hope that they reinstate them in a future firmware.

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

my first guess would be that it's a battery thing. all those wasted cpu cycles make a difference.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Agreed. Never really liked or seen the point in animated screensavers on phones. When the phone isn't in use it's in my pocket or on a desk so there's no need for anything other than a clock for me.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

im sure a 0 to 60 second MAX timeout didnt eat that much battery power?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Depends how often you lock your screen triggering the screensaver. If it's many times a day then yes it will affect the battery life.

Out of curiosity do you sit and watch the screensaver every time it appears? I've not known anyone for years that still uses them on phones so just curious!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

god you must think im fixated with it!!!! LOL basically i thought it was a nice touch to have on the phone. and was nice to show something to my mates(all boring iphone users) that they dont have on there iphones. as all the time there saying why havent you got one... been there seen it and done it, had one but thought it was **bleep**. so i stopped following the herd and came back to nokia, after owning of late, an N70,N95(worse fone ever for breaking screens), 5800xpressmusic,then iphone,N900 and now N8.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Fair enough. Install nokia bubbles, it's a nice "show off" feature and doesn't eat the battery as it only appears when you want it to.

Maybe one day they'll bring the animated screensaver back but unfortunately they are unlikely to say when or why it went in the first place.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dontasciime

[ Edited ]

Stupid idea to take out a feature without updating changelog  letting end user know what they are(messing up) I mean going to remove, so the end user can make a decision based on gains v's loss.

Nokia seem to be making stupid decisions with regards to everything they are doing at the minute and seem intent on alienating their customer base.

Looks like they'll not be happy until they turn one of the smartest of phones into a Motorola Memphis.

Should be someone on here that can answer when it's coming back and to apologise for removing it.

Please use plain text.