Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 auto restart issue when using WiFi

jameshujun

N8 auto restart issue when using WiFi

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I'm really frustrated now. Since last March I signed a N8 from Virgin Mobile, I received nothing but problems. At first it is a faulty mother board, then it automatically restart randomly. I have been in Nokia Care Centre twice and my phone stayed there for about 2 months and the problem persists.

It is very clear now that there is something wrong with the WiFi function on N8. Whenever I enabled WiFi, the phone starts to restart frequently and randomly. After I disabled WiFi, it calms down.

I have read a numerous articles in Internet and tried every single possible solutions without any improvement.

I want to ask Nokia, is this problem a hardware design issue or just a buggy software?

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

Best Regards,

James

Moderator's note: Information which is not officially announced by Nokia edited. Also Nokia Discussions forum is not the right channel to discuss about legal actions against Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Rajat245

Re: N8 auto restart issue when using WiFi

I am too facing the same problem with my N8. When I enable wi-fi my phone restarts again n again until I disable it.

I have tries power disable option, resetting my phone, even did the hard reset...... but still no improvement. It's so boring to use N8 without internet...

Please help and suggest some proven solution to solve the wi-fi issue

Nokia please let me know how can we fix this problem....

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Welcome to the forum Rajat245!

You could see if the latest update Nokia Belle Refresh is already available for your device. More info from this thread. If the update is not yet available to you, you can reinstall the phone software if you have not done that yet. The process is the same as when updating using Nokia Suite. You can get Nokia Suite from the first link.

If the update does not fix the issue, please take the device to your local Nokia Care point.

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Rajat245

Thanks for your reply..... yes the Nokia belle refresh update is available and have updated my N8 right away...... but still WiFi problem remains......  :smileysad:

When I enable WiFi, my phone automatically restarts...

Please use plain text.
abhishekgem84

Belle unable to power on wifi over N8

Hi

Recently update my phone to belle latest one, when i try to power on wifi phone restarts.

please help

thanks...

Please use plain text.
Rajat245

Re: Belle unable to power on wifi over N8

@Abhishek..  I am too facing the same problem. I have updated my N8 to Nokia Belle refresh (the latest version), however the problem is not solved.

N8 keeps on looking for networks and is not able to search networks which are available and then auto restarts itself.

From the widget, if I enable wifi... It restarts automatically...... BIG BIG Problem...

Using my N8 without internet since last 20 days..... It really sucks.. :smileysad:

*Admin / Moderator please help us....!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
muneer0072000

Looks like Nokia does not have answer. Even am facing same problem since last two months. I tried even hard reset but still no luck. If anybody has any solution please let me know
Please use plain text.