Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 bluetooth car kit not working after ANNA up...

Contributor
KiamaraKid

Re: N8 bluetooth car kit not working after ANNA update

Hi there,

I have been talking to Bert in Nokia ContactCentre about this and he requested I repeat what had been done before (hard reboot). I did this and it was unsuccessful, then tonight I received a voicemail to say the case has been closed.

This is outrageous treatment, I have been working with the Contact Centre for 2 months now. Clearly Bert is trying to close a case so his records look good. 

Chris told me the case had been elevated to the third level.

Symbian Anna has a problem that needs fixing URGENTLY.

Do something about it Nokia!

Regards

John

Please use plain text.
mistertom1

I have a Bury CC6090 car kit in my car - a professionally fitted, high quality bluetooth kit.

As soon as I installed Anna on my N8-00, a problem appeared - the kit can no longer see my phone book, so I am now unable to use the voice dialling feature.

Have been through all the settings on both devices and there seems to be nothing wrong (well there wouldn't be on the car kit!)

Very disgruntled - that car kit cost a small fortune.

I need to find a way to remove Anna as it is clear from this thread that Nokia have little intention of offering any support or even taking part in this discussion.  Failing that, maybe it really is time to give up and (very reluctantly) switch to apple.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KiamaraKid

[ Edited ]

Still trying to get this pairing working. As a last resort to solve the problems I have systematically gone through all the advice I have been given by the 12 ( yes 12) different Nokia Contact Centre staff:
1) Back up phone
2) Remove pairing on car  (SAAB)  and phone
3) Do reboot by holding down on key for 8 seconds
4) Tried re-pairing phone to car - did not work
5) Do *#7789# reboot
6) Tried re-pairing phone to car - did not work
7) Do *#7370# reboot
9) Tried re-pairing phone to car - DID work
10) Synced contacts from PC
11) Tried phone to car - pairing still DID work
12) Synced Calendar from PC to phone
13) Tried phone to car - pairing still DID work
14) Copied photos from PC to phone
15) Tried phone to car - pairing still DID work
16) Restored messages to phone from back-up
17) Restarted phone
18)Tried phone to car - pairing still DID work
19) Looked for updates for phone in OVI
20) Installed Symbian Anna updates 1 & 2
21)Tried phone to car - pairing still DID work
22) Installed Applications
- DAB Radio
- Maps
- Swype
- HandiWi
23)Tried phone to car - pairing still DID work
24) Next day - Set up mail on phone
25) Set up WLAN
25) Tried phone to car - pairing DID NOT work
26) Removed WLAN & EMail and pairing still DID NOT Work.

In summary as soon as Apps are loaded the pairing stops working. When the Apps are removed, it still seems to not be working. The only way I can have phone pairing working, is to have no Apps and this can only be achieved by never having loaded apps - some Smart Phone!!!  

I have been told 3 times that this problem has been escalated to level 3 support, I feel this problem could be solved if Nokia were to assign someone to it. It may be they have too many problems to fix, but it seems a serious deficiency that phones could be paired with previous Symbian, but not with Symbian Anna.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ilxter

The same as above applies to E7-00 with Anna update, probably the same issue is to blame with C6-00.

I have also been in contact with local Nokia Care(less) and received the same instructions - with no avail.

I am seriously considering dumping the company E7 and switching to Apple on my own cost.

Like someone else on this thread, I have also spent a ridiculous amount of money on a new head unit / media player to use Bluetooth handsfree safely while driving...

Here's a few threads of similar issues with Anna.

I pasted the links here to help you monitor this issue - if one case is "solved" then apply that solution to your phone:

/t5/Connectivity/Bluetooth-Pairing-fails-after-S-3-Anna-update-C6-01-022-014/td-p/1129835

/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E7-Bluetooth-after-Anna-not-connecting-to-car-HF/td-p/1170791

Lumia 800
r.i.p: E7, E90, E71, 6310i...since 1610
Please use plain text.
kalpesh17

Re: N8 Bluetooth car kit not working after ANNA update

Even I have similar problem. Before the ANNA update my Nokia N8-00 was working very well with my Toyota Camry Bluetooth system. However, after ANNA update, it pairs with the car BT however, when I try to make or receive calls via Car BT it goes Mute with a message "NOT ALLOWED" on device and "Not Supported" on my Car BT. And even while the Bluetooth is activated on my device, I can't even use it to talk normally through the device. I first have to deactivate the BT on device before I can accept or make calls from my phone. I would appreciate a solution from someone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mr_B001

Had the same problem with my Lexus, started pairing the device, could find it but during the pairing process it would never complete. Have found something that seems to have cured it, go into N8 Settings, Phone, Accessories and then wireless car kit, set automatic answer to on. This has fixed my problem and the car now pairs and links up ok, Anna changed the setting to off for some reason.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anzieee

I have the same problem. It is very sad that even after many people complain about this issue , i guess most of the folks who have updated to Anna is facing the issue. Nokia is being silent on this .

@ Nokia : Please get up from the silence and understand the concern.

Please use plain text.
atlen

Hi everyone!

My car see my phone by BT? but i need to make a connection each time by hand ( not automatically), and car system cannot repeat a call or make call back. Answer/calling buttons on my wheel are changed.

I tried to solve that problem a several times. It was also one time with a sale manager from official nokia store in Moscow city. He tried himself to solve this problem,but nothing...

He tell me that we have just one way, It's to wait a new program update from nokia((( Unfortunately nobody knows when it can be done.

My phone is Nokia E7-00 with all latest software updates from nokia, and my car is subaru forester MY11 with a good carmanufacturer audio BT media center (produced by Clarion but installed on the subaru factory).

I tried contact with Subaru throw official dealer and Clarion throw official internet-site about this problem but also just silence.

I had a nokia E90 phone and that phone had no problems. Think i can just take my E90 onthe car and leave E7-00 at home in that way...

Please use plain text.
simonbdixon

I have the same problem

Please use plain text.