Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 blur pictures with camera

Counsellor
kads

N8 blur pictures with camera

[ Edited ]

And yes I have taken of the plasticsshield. :-)

All outdoor pictures goes blur and some sort of milk tones.

All setting is auto as taken from the box tried with 12MP settings and it´s

still the same. Indoor pictures with flash goes greate and the rest of the phone

is super! So I think it something wrong with mine. My N97 32BG is far more better!

pictures from my N8 look worse then my old 5800XM but with more pixels on the picture.

Example files: http://www.uddevalla.dk/N8/ on off The N8 and a N97 at same object.

What I see is that the N8 has to long shutter speed 1/102 and the N97 has 1/500 instead.

File size is far from different from the N97. N8 has a file size at 1.3Mb and N97 has 0.99Mb.

I think it should be a much large file from the N8 because off the 4000 x 2248 against the N97

at 2592 x 1944 pixels. Colors is much better on N8 no pastels colors.

Kads
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Re: N8 blur pictures with camera

Looks like you moved while taking the picture. Hold it steady for 1sec after you press the shutter button. And make sure there is no finger smudge on the lens.
Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hello,

Here is a link for you from other topic here in discussions by @jimmyireland.

The part about N8 camera may interest you. On the other hand, N8 has the

best camera on the market, so do not worry.

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/nokia-N8-reviewed/m-p/772928#M227744

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kads

krisq@

Sorry that's not the trick all outdoor pictures gets like this.

Have taken 104 pictures outdoor and 3 did get good focus.

Why should the pictures from the N97 than get crisp then it´s need

longer time to take the picture than N8. This isn't my first nokia with

autofocus N73, E71, N95 8GB, 5800XM, N97 non of them has this problem.

So my N8 has some camera problem with focus and light conditioning.

So I´m not an newbee to Nokia.

Kads
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

So I guess it might be a faulty unit and you're just unlucky :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kads

Yes I think so.

So it is going in for service next week.

I´ve seen all the good pictures from the N8 excluded of the ones with plastic on

their lens:smileyvery-happy:

That's mainly why I bought it fore Good phone Good camera.

I´m happy with Nokia so no hard feelings. **bleep** happens

Kads
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Please use plain text.
Sage
m80116

[ Edited ]

Your sample don't look sick.

I've also noticed in N8 samples so far that in broad daylight it tends to maintain a slow shutter speed. That shouldn't be a worry based on the fact that it's a wide(er) angled lens and if needed it quickens times up especially in low light where it ought to outperform most of the competition.

Provide more samples if you want a more reliable judgment from others. N8 pictures also have a very high JPEG compression which I think NOKIA should treat it as fix for the next firmwares.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kads

Hello

More new sample pictures 2 new 1 N8 1 5800XM to compare with.
Older pictures taken under the weekend on link 2.

http://www.uddevalla.dk/N8/  + http://www.uddevalla.dk/N8/index2.html only N8 pictures

Hopefully you can se whats wrong.

Kads
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

There is definitely something wrong. Pictures should be crisp.
Please use plain text.
Sage
m80116

[ Edited ]

I notice the major area of sharpness in the top left part throughout the images (but doesn't extend to the edge) that is present whenever that area is in focus, while other pictures show subjects at comparable distance being in/out of sharpness with also insufficient contrast.

It closely resambles a wide-angle lens for SLR that has optic glitches, in my opinion this could be the case.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kislay

Kindly remove the scratch guard provided by nokia from your camera lens, it will solve your problem.I also faced the same concern for last 5 days from the date of purchasing N8 and now its solved.

Don't forgot to thanks me.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kads

And yes I have taken of the plastics shield. :-)

Please Kislay...

Perhaps you could not read this in my text, before answering it was the first line also.......

So please give me some brighter news ;-)

it´s something wrong with my N8 camera so it will go in for a repair.

Kads
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drandywright

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy:Have you got a case on your N8 ?

I have a white, semi-transparent one on mine (silicone) and have noticed if the flash goes, i get a milky colour over the photo, or in the daytime it sometimes doesn't focus well.

Two things ...

1. when the flash goes, the semi transparent silicone transmits the flash light sideways toward the lens causing glare and a milky picture.

2. when the flash dosn't go, the closeness to of the silicone cover to the lens etc is interfering someway with the focussing mechanism.

I find removing my case leads to great photos.

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/n8-camera-produces-dull-images-and-quality-good/td-p/774529

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kads

No case on only a N8 in my hands.

I´ve tried with other N8 at my work and they seems to get blurred pictures

when the camera is focused to a object more than 5-10m the N97 32GB never did this.

But they get better pictures than mine N8.

So no plastic and case on, :smileyvery-happy:

I work in a mobile phone store and I´ve sold mobile phones since 1996.

Kads
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
djmuzi

The N8 cameras have big problems. Sometimes the whole 1/5th of the right side of the picture gets blurry. Sometimes the corners are very blurry more or less. There is some quality problem either with the Carl-Zeizz lenses ot with the sensor. I have tried 3 N8 phones and only one was perfect.

Overall the N8 photos are not sharp at all compared to other camera phones. You simly have to get used to it or try to make them sharp on photoshop or something similar; It's much better than setting the sharpnes to Hard in the phone settings - this would provide too much sharpnes.

N8 camera is not perfect and far behind some compact cameras like Canon Ixus 130 or Panasonic Lumix TZ series but it's the best camera phone, provided you doesn't get one with blurry images which has smth. to do with pure luck.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mikwag

As I said on another thread - I believe the silver angled bezel around the lens is the cause of the problem - reflects light randomly across the lens causing the hazy effect in certain lighting conditions.  Sometimes shots are crisp, and sometimes milky - only explanation I can find .... :smileysad:

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.