Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 call barring password

Counsellor

N8 call barring password

In call settings there is a call barring function that requires a password, does anyone know what this might be ? T Mobile say they can do barring at network level if required but do not know what the barring password is that's being asked for on the phone, or could this be an N8 function that is not used in this case. By the way I've tried 0000, 1234, 1919 from other internet searches but no success.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: N8 call barring password

It will most likely be you SIM PIN. If you haven't changed it from the default check with T-Mobile what the default SIM PIN is.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Since you have already tried so many codes..why not 12345 ? ..or the one set as Security code by you, if any ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It only accepts 4 digits, neither T Mobile or Nokia Customer Services are aware of a call barring password, even though the N8's build in user guide says to change the call barring settings you need the password from your service provider ! Seems like a dead function to me ! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanjay98201

my N8 Call Barring password is Blocked

Please use plain text.