Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 camera issue, black dot on the camera screen

psk7177

N8 camera issue, black dot on the camera screen

[ Edited ]

Hi..

I'm not sure if this has already been identified, but this is my second phone which had the similar issue

I purchased n8 on nov1 2010, by feb2011 I noticed a black dot on the camera screen which would reflect on any photo taken

I got a replacement piece which I had the camera issue resolved but had some sensor rotation issue, I replaced 3 phones for the sensor rotation issue and it took 2months for me to make NOKIA care people understand what is the issue on the sensor.

Finally I got a right phone in the month of may..Sensor and camera are working good

Now again by oct2011 I had started up with the camera black dot on the left side of the camera screen...and now I was told by the CARE that they rectified the issue and they will return the same phone by this weekend(hopefully it might have been fixed)

I was just wondering if any had faced this similar issue for the camera or is it only my luck....

I'm really unsatisfied and worried now since my warranty period will be finished this month end and what if the same camera issue starts after 4months, and I'm really not sure why the phone has not been replaced even under warranty(I need to wait until I get a call from care)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: N8 camera issue, black dot on the camera screen

You do seem to be having some bad luck with your N8 's . What I would do would be to sell the N8 as soon as you get it back from Nokia care. I wouldn't want to take the risk anymore and end up with a faulty unit that's out of warranty.

Let's be honest, even if you end up with a fault free N8 the OS is still buggy and it's doubtful Nokia will ever put it right.

All the best.

Ray
Please use plain text.
psk7177

Looks like this is insane....

The last time i posted was just Oct 2011, the Nokia care replaced the camera module in the month of oct 2011

Now the problem again repeats, i have the same problem again....i noticed that the camera will have this problem for every 3months

This is 3rd time ihave this issue, and a total of 6times i need to rush to the care for different issue with my phone...

Is there any one on this discussions room from nokia to answer me....i'm really unhappy with the kind of service or support NOKIA is giving these days

I only want a replacement or a money back since i'm fed up with the service, does any one knows whom to approach on this

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jlscott777

I have had my N8 for about a year now, had the same problem about 4 months ago, sent to Nokia Care and they fixed it but did not indicate what was wrong. So far no repeat of the problem.
Please use plain text.