Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 dead Black Screen and nothing happens!

Contributor
soviettiger

N8 dead Black Screen and nothing happens!

I there. I bought my n8 yesterday, I used it fine until a couple hours ago now, when it went black screen and nothing happens! Turn it off and then on but the screen does not light up, it shows only the screen protector with the hour and the date, but nothing else happens. What should I do???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Re: N8 dead Black Screen and nothing happens!

Sorry are you saying that when you boot up it go's to screen saver (clock + date)

or does it not boot at all

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

The screen is locked.

Try the following to unlock it.

1. Slide the unlock switch on the side of the phone.

2. Press the menu button then tap on unlock.

3. Briefly press the power button then tap on unlock.

Then go to settings>phone>display and change the settings to suit you.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
soviettiger

It boots up, then nothing, lights off ...
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

Try my above solution and then get back to us and let us know if it works.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
renji_n

I am having the same blank (black) screen issue from yesterday. I was playing music and the screen got auto-locked as usual (I have set a security key for screen lock). Now I can see the clock on display and when I try to unlock (using slider or unlock on screen when I press start/menu button) it just shows me a blank screen and not the number pad to type my code.

I have not entered incorrect code to lock out or anything like that. Pls suggest a solution as I am unable to re-boot also.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
renji_n

Just had to keep at it for sometime (keep the power button pressed for a long time) to force re-boot. now things are fine.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
soviettiger

It solved alone yesterday, but today... Oops!!! It did it again!!! So I re booted it several times with the on-off button (8sec) but nothing. I cannot use it normally, to view my messages I connected it to the PC... So, any fix???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
soviettiger

Mmmm maybe my english ins't so good. Ok this is it: I used it normally, but about a couple hours ago the screen went black, again. 3 minutes after I set it on, it shows the screen protector (clock and date), but I tap the menu buton and the numbers disapear, in blackness... yesterday it solved alone, but today nothing seem to be working. I booted it several times but I get no response yet, should I get it to the shop I get ir repaired?
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

@soviettiger

As you have only had the phone for a few days I would take it back to where you bought it from and ask them to have a look at it.

Perhaps they can either exchange it for another one or give you your money back.

BTW mine does what yours does occasionally and I just unlock the screen with the unlock button on the right hand side of the phone.

You could also try turning your phone off for around 15/30 seconds. Turn it back on. When the home screen appears, on the dialler type *#7780#. The phone will switch off on then back on again. Might/mightnot solve your problem.

Please use plain text.
tsume

Currently I'm experiencing the same problem.

The phone goes into to screen saver mode and I can see it as the clock appears. Once I try to unlock it with the slide or menu button it goes black.

I've tried the 3 buzz reset but nothing has changed. I would try the 4 button hard reset but only as a last resort as I know they are some complications with that. The only Nokia care point in my country is far away from where I am, so any suugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Zobufeja

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have the same problem, but only what I see is -  white Nokia logo (no time or date) on black screen .. And after 10 sec it switches off

*changed battery (2x)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jazz23

anybody fix this issue, I having the same problem now.
Please use plain text.
Zobufeja

TRY TO REMOVE MEMORY CARD!  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thuo

my nokia suddenly blacked out and switched itself off..it had sufficient battery this morning..i've tried charging it and the signal light right above the usb port that should flicker white isnt,i've had it for an year now..and its never done this..
Please use plain text.