Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 downgrade PLEASE!

maljenska

N8 downgrade PLEASE!

Not sure if I can find a words to express my disappointment and frustration with ANNA.

Applications are closing unexpectedly, Ovi store doesn’t  work, interface and icons are ugly and this is now the worst phone I ever owned. Could you PLEASE provide a way to reinstall the previous build so that I don’t have to throw $670 in garbage. The masterpiece that I was proud to own is now converted into a monster, and it doesn’t work as before. I’ve tried to delete temp sisx files and to uninstall Ovi installer but nothing worked. So if you have a mercy, PLEASE tell us how to reinstall previous version.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
mccoy1

I feel your pain

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No S^3 for me.. so can't share the pain..but there isn't ANY way to downgrade the firmware..

Please use plain text.
Sage
lillracksingen

Downgrading is possible but since the risk of bricking the phone is quite high, any discussion on this is not allowed here. And if you would brick your phone, warranty does not cover this kind of damage.

Google is your friend. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

lillracksingen wrote:

Google is your friend. ;-)

I would recommend a refurbish flash of the latest official firmware for the exact phone model in question - not a downgrade - "Anna"  is smooth when done as a clean install instead of the upgrade. Both E: storage and F: memory card must also be formatted during the process to get a fresh start and the best experience.

Hans

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arbaerinn

Uuuuhh NOKIA N8 without ANNA, thats just not working :smileyhappy: sorry mate.  Take the phone into a NOKIA dealer and get them to flash the phone, and put ANNA up again.  The phone is 5 times better with ANNA, beleive me ! ! Sometimes the new software updates overrides the old versions, so the old version is still there.  So ask them to flash it, and set ANNA up again, it will work really really well.

Please use plain text.
Danief

SYMBIAN ANNA = NOKIA HELL

Cannot believe that a huge company like Nokia push out such horrible software.  Took the N8 to a Nokia dealer and they want to charge me a "inspection fee" to inspect the problem and then charge me to format and load software.

This is totally unacceptable!!!!!!!   Cannot believe that Nokia is asking people to stop buying Nokia products.  Nowhere have I seen that Nokia try to help, supply corrective action steps or simply apologize.

Only reaction that I got from Nokia was "Please re-install or wait for next software upgrade".

RIDUCULOUS

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Gilbertd

Cannot believe that a huge company like Nokia push out such horrible software.

Windows Vista anyone????

All software companies get it wrong now and then.  Nokia make the hardware but the software is going to be developed by somebody else who have convinced Nokia that it is an improvement.  Personally I've had no problems with Anna other than not liking the look of it.  In the same way as my wife bought a laptop preloaded with Vista and I was expecting to have to load XP on it.  She's had no problems even though many people did have.

Please use plain text.