Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 is the best phone ever made

Advisor
OsamaIsmeal

N8 is the best phone ever made

Dear all We should be fair with ourselves ,N8 is best phone ever made . I love it so much thanks to nice shape and size we can enjoy watching different all movies format with different extension like rmvb ,avi etc Excellent camera with 12 MP it can support external storage disk millions of free applications and games free GPS and MAPS Multicasts operating system There is other phone in the market that can be compared to N8. We should to be fair with ourselves and say thanks to N8 which change the manner of our daily life.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

OsamaIsmeal wrote:
Dear all We should be fair with ourselves ,N8 is best phone ever made.

Well said that man!

I too have been very happy - the screen is brillian for watching video and for using Ovi Maps, both of which I do a lot, and I like the touch interface more than any other touch Nokia I have used, it is also better than Windows Mobile phones I have played with. I'm with you on the camera as well, I've had some brilliant results and the Xenon flash is great - I can finally retire my very old N82 as a camera!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nisses

I Like the phone very much aswell... I just hope they'll send me a new one because of the screen problems.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Don't know if i'd agree with it being the best ever but i'm certainly liking mine!

So far mine has been stable, reliable and a pleasure to use. It handles the basics (calls, messages, connectivity) far better than my previous phone (HTC Desire). It's camera is a pleasure to use and i've got some cracking shots from it.

It's far from being perfect so I look forward to the major updates it will be receiving this year.

As for screen problems some people are seeing things such as a pink tint to greys or a ghost image when powering on or off. I too have seen these but it is not a problem, it's normal for this type of AMOLED to do that, my HTC desire was the same.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nisses

[ Edited ]

I agree that the pink tint that my N8 has is not much of a problem, but the biggest problem is dark parts of videos. which have a brown tint over them.

Also if i part of a video is supposed to look as the picture below (picture 1), they look more like picture 2 on my N8. It's like it can't show more than a few different dark colors.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

My HTC desire behaved in a similar way on certain colours so I don't believe it's a fault just a qwerk of the screen type. It seems better when the screen is brighter but worse when it starts to dim (or when set to low brightness).

Anyway, lets not send this thread further off topic by discussing what is or isn't an issue. If you feel that your screen has a problem contact a Nokia care point or your retailer for assistance. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Wim55

I hoped to be one of the happy N8 users, but unfortunately I received one of the many "turning off and never turn on" devices. The happy use of my nice N8 lasted only a few days. Had to send it back to the seller for refund as Nokia Care did not respond in time (8 days delay !).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
glossta1

I love mine too, and the help I've had from this forum to set my N8 up the way I want it has been wonderful too.  Great all round. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

What can i say more than that i think my Nokia N8 is the best phone out there. Its awesome in every way!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kossoff

I upgraded to the HTC Desire HD - what a bad move !!! The ringtone was extremely quiet, the emails wouln't sync with my computer and as for the battery.....don't start me on that. AFter 2 hours on standby, just one 5 minute call and 2 texts the battery started to go down !!!

I then changed to the Nokia N8 - what a difference and i certainly don't have to worry about the battery going down. The phone is perfect in every way. Easy to use, cracking photos and video, all tones are nice and loud so can be heard in the kitchen when  i'm in the lounge etc. there's masses of memory, up to 16gb built in and with my 16gb card that's 32 gigs !!!

With my Desire HD I honestly was afraid to use it on the train on the way home for fear of running out of battery which ironically makes the phone not a mobile one !!!!

With the N8 I can sit in a cafe and check my emails, i can take calls, text, write and send emails with zero fear of losing all battery power.

Plus of course, we must remember that Nokia have been in the business for around 30 years so it stands to reason that they make phones that actually work. Isn't that what we all want ultimately ???

Yes, best phone out there !!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ETTL

Agree that Nokia N8 is one of the best HW phone around today. For the rest of the phone makers to catch up, it'll take a while.

- The display is better than iphone 4, for photo color reproduction. The best so far

- The video playback, as good as watching on TW. Again, color reproduction and playback quality.

- Call quality, way way better than any phones

- Battery life for smartphone, good. Definitely better than Android phones

- Camera quality - other phone makers, take another 1-2 years to achieve N8 quality

- HD recording - similarly, other phone makers, take another 1-2 years to achieve N8 quality

- Music playback, interestly.. it's better than SE

- The bad points - Symbian, Youtube playback (not sure why) - the worst "(

- Social facebook from Nokia, no Notification info?? Again, not sure why after so many updates, there is still no notification on Ovi Social Apps

- For contact search, not sure why, can we just type the alphabet and filter realtime? Still need to type and wait for alphabet elimination for contact search.. seems so 90s.

So, in summary, N8 is the best HW phone in the market now but for OS.. it's stable, but UI needs to improve. Lastly, I like my N8. ")

Please use plain text.
Sage
mikwag

[ Edited ]

Totally agree - absolutely fantastic phone.  Very happy with it.  It just highlights for me the insanity of ditching Symbian.  Given a UI makeover - that seems to be imminent - and improvements to the browser, then it will be almost perfect.  I bought it knowing that I had to wait a while for my 95 to be tweaked to the excellent level it was.  Absolutely no regrets at having bought it. Just a bit of sadness that this excellent combination of software and hardware that Nokia are capable of has been given the death sentence.  Perhaps I am just too used to Symbian - I will reserve judgement on Windows phones and see what arrives later.  But I foresee me having a long time to enjoy my N8 ....

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

It's nice to see some balance on the forum.
Nokia Lumia 1020
iphone 5s16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
SatansArse

Hardware wise, with the exception of the speaker being on the back, I would agree it is an awesome phone. Software wise, not so much. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

Just got disapointed since I have N8 and I realy wanted E7 because of the keyboard
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Marcineqq

First thing I managed to get after I purchased the N8 was a notice I run out of memory after I run ovi maps and than tried to view movie I recorded minutes ago.

I was like.. W T F..  after that I never again tried to run anything while using ovi maps, however really.. for such price, those kind  of messages should not EVER appear cmon.. memory is so god damn cheap nowadays.. really.. I'm disappointed its only 250 megs.. I would've pay 100$ more for 1gb ram version of N8 without any hesitation.

Please use plain text.
Professor

I agree.  I think the N8 is superb with my only complaint being that the speaker is on the back of the phone, meaning that when it is put down face up which surely is the obvious way, on a soft surface the sound cannot be heard.  Also, when for example it is being used in Navigation mode and held by my passengar, care needs to be taken how it is held.

But overall, super phone.  Well done Nokia!

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Sage
mikwag

Marcineqq wrote:

First thing I managed to get after I purchased the N8 was a notice I run out of memory after I run ovi maps and than tried to view movie I recorded minutes ago.

I was like.. W T F..  after that I never again tried to run anything while using ovi maps, however really.. for such price, those kind  of messages should not EVER appear cmon.. memory is so god damn cheap nowadays.. really.. I'm disappointed its only 250 megs.. I would've pay 100$ more for 1gb ram version of N8 without any hesitation.

Curious. I have had my N8 approaching 6 months now, and have never had any memory full messages.  My unit is simfree from Nokia direct, so no-one has 'got' at the sofware - I suspect yours is branded - bet that is the problem.  Anyway, I have run Ovi Maps, Music, FM Transmitter, with Wellness Diary in the background with no problems, and recently I was running Ovi Maps, Wellness Diary, Viewranger, DAB radio, and taking photographs - no problems with memory (just with the length of my headphone leads!).  I DO keep an eye on what is running in the background as a matter of course, and shut apps. down that I am not using.

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

- I think the Nokia N8 is very well built.
- I like the colour of it , BLUE :smileyhappy:.
- I like the camera, and the feel of it.

The things I don't like with it so far are:

- It's froze on me a few times and other times it just resets the phone by it self, not sure why it does this.
- When browsing the net on this phone, the battery doesn't last long at all

- and the lack of support from Developers. Lack of new games for our phone. The only thing we seem to get lately is a new version of Angry Birds. Kind of getting sick of this now.

But I do like this phone alot, just can't wait once it gets updated with al lthese new features :smileyhappy:.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kossoff

REPLY TO TAHVO

You could sell your N8 and then use the money to buy the E7. That's what i did with the HTC Desire HD. NO problems......

Please use plain text.