Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 is the worst most unreliable phone I have e...

DickieZ4

N8 is the worst most unreliable phone I have ever owned.

After the most frustrating year of ownership I am reaching the end of the line with my last ever Nokia phone.

Below is a copy of an e-mail I have sent to Nokias inept customer service department today.

Oh dear Nokia where do I start.

Ever since purchasing my N8 direct from you last year I have regretted it.

From non functioning handsets to support that is at best non existent.

Well it would appear my woes continue with your useless product.

When my original handset decided to switch off and restart everytime I tried to do anything on it I took it to my local care centre as requested, they had the handset for a week and on picking it from them it switched off and restarted before I even the left the premises. They then sent the handset to Nokia UK who then attempted repair, again on picking the handset it switched off and restarted almost immediately, at this point after 2 months of ownership I was to make a single phonecall on the handset. After several telephone conversations using my LG handset you finally accepted the handset was no good and agreed to replace it, the replacement lasted less than a week before it to developed a mind of its own. A third handset was despatched and I will admit that it proved reliable despite being unable to sync with my Bluetooth Car kit, a solution to that problem was found via the internet after Nokias response of it's not a Nokia BT unit so we don't care failed to impress me.

So I am now approaching 1 years extremely unhappy ownership and my worst fears are being realised as my current Handset has taken to switching itself off and restarting yet again.

What I want to know is what are you going to do rectify this situation, I am not prepared to go down the long winded route of care centres and then your 3 attempts to fix what appears to be an inherent design problem.

I fully expect your first response to be along the lines of your email is very important to us and the next few lines proving yet again that no one actually reads these enquiries and all you receive is just an automatically generated response.

Looking at some of the threads in this forum I realise I am not alone in my frustration with this product and Nokia, will they do anything about it I very much doubt it. I will update this thread with Nokias replies to highlight their uncaring attitude if previous form is anythin g to go by.

Please use plain text.
DickieZ4

Re: N8 is the worst most unreliable phone I have ever owned.

Well surprise surprise what looks very much like an automated response from Nokia.

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.
Please be informed that we will now escalate your issue to the relevant department. In order for us to ensure that you are provided with accurate and reliable information, we are currently conducting further research pertaining to your inquiry. Rest assured that you will be contacted the soonest once the necessary information has been obtained.
We solicit your patience and understanding regarding this matter.
Yours sincerely,
Oliver A. Nokia Service Professional UK & Ireland Team Nokia Care

So far yet again thankyou for nothing Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
glossta1

I feel lucky that my problems are more minor and less pervasive than yours.  I too am now one year into my 2-year contract.  In many ways I love my N8 as I loved all the Nokia phones I had before it.  I love it when it works, and when I understand reasonably how to work it.  However there are many... shall we call them 'quirks'?  And I find it truly EXTRAORDINARY thet there is a better level of support and encouragement from fellow users through this forum than there ever seems to be from Nokia themselves.  It saddens me greatly to say that this will be my last Nokia.When I can renew I willdo so for a tried-and-tested model either of iphone or Blackberry or possibly of a good Android (decision as yet unmade).  I feel lucky that I have my N8 on contract from o2, whose Gurus valiantly try to uinpick the worst of the 'quirks' along with me.  But Nokia, should it be like this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DURDEN11

I am going to have to agree with you on the Nokia N8, and Nokia's customer care.  With my last nokia, the express music, I faced not a single problem and was rather pleased with the unit. I had VERY high hopes for the N8 with it's large data capacity, similar operations, and fantastic camera; but yet, this phone fails to send a text message longer than 15 characters without conflict. This among other qwerky behavior is simply depressing me.  And the fact that Nokia literally relies solely on this exact forum to mitigate any of their customers problems is blasphemy.  I have tried many things to fix my current problems yet it has never ceased; clearly a design issue as stated before. I understand your frustrations and there are many more of your situations present.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

faulty sms are not seldom the operators/carriers fault. Have you tried another sim card from another operator or the same operator? Just in case...

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Advisor
suske423

surprise surprise i am yet another victim of the nokia n8 .....n this will be the last nokia ever sees of me cause after i get enough money im gonna burn my n8 !!!!! n yes i said burn!!!

my n8 sometimes randomly starts n shutsdown b itself ......sometimes won't ever start for that fact ......when i plug it to my headphones it still comes out of my n8 .....n sometimes the browser shuts itself down ..........as u can probably tell im mad to the point i won't even bother with contacting nokia anymore .......

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

suske423

I wunder if you have returned your phone even once to nokia care?

....................a couple of ten and ten millions of N8 have been shipped so of course some will be faulty...warranty still is up to you if you want to use it...
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Danief

It seems that this is a huge frustration to a number of N8 owners.  SInce the SW upgrade to the Symbian Anna my phone consistatnly freeze, crash, dont' see the SIM card, do not connect to my pc anymore and absolutely just goning haywire.

I have brought it to the attention of Nokia and the attitude is "Wait for the next upgrade".    This is totally unacceptable behaviour from a service provider.  Purely service excellence does not feature in Nokia's library.

**bleep**, they are worse than Mugabe of Zimbabwe.

WIll have to publish this on Facebook and see how the rest of the world react.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
steviecaptain

I can understand peoples response to the so called nokia care assistants, i myself had dealings with them a while back, about recieving messages from nokia ovi about an upgrade every half an hour this went on for three weeks, nokia spent over an hour remotely conected to my phone trying to sort the problem out, needless to say they failed, numerous phone calls to nokia later i finally gave up, i sorted the problem out myself in the end by changing sim cards , so much for nokia care, ive had no hardware problems with the phone, but their software sucks, never had so many probs with a nokia phone and ive had quite a few, i went through a stage when i thought this would be my last nokia mob, but ive finally got the N8 working good so i will stick with it, ive downloaded the updates but after what ive been through i dont know when belle finally arrives if i want to upgrade as it causes no end of probs. FWIW nokia get your software sorted or you will loose all your loyal customers, finally they are doing something about nokia ovi, the worse bit of software ive ever used , bout time they scrapped it, lets all hope they are finally listening to their customers, after all theres plenty of other good phones out there we can spend our money on , galaxy s2 springs to mind, my girlfriend has one shes had no probs at all yet

Please use plain text.