Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 maps update won't install

Phexaer

N8 maps update won't install

The latest Nokia Maps update refuses to install either via Nokia Suite or OTA (version 3.8.105) but simply says that something went wrong/isntall failed and doesn't even report an error code. I installed another update for the phone ca 1 week or so ago and Maps wouldn't connect to a GPS-satellite and thus was unable to navigate but this seems to have corrected itself with the reset.

I've tried soft resetting and returning the phone to factory settings but the update still refuses to download and install.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: N8 maps update won't install

Hi Phexaer,

Could you send us your installation logfile (please attach the file) which is located on your device. The logfile will be located in either: c:\dat\solosmartinstallerlog.txt or c:\solosmartinstallerlog.txt (on your device, not your PC). Please email this file to: feedback-ovimaps@nokia.com with the subject: Nokia Maps Suite installation issues. In the text add your device and software version. You can get the sw version by typing in *#0000#.

Also if you could add the link to this thread and your user name if it's different from your email that would be great!

Many thanks,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mandriotto

I have a problem like this: in Nokia Suite (3.2.100) i find a Nokia Maps update (3.8.105) for my N8 but the Install button is disabled and I can't start the update. My N8 has Symbian Anna (22.014) with personalization 022.014.263.03 and Ovi Maps is v3.06 11wk23 b05 - Map version 0.2.44.110.

Please can I have any suggestion on how to update my phone?

Thank you

Best regards

Massimiliano Andriotto

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ocelotrevs

[ Edited ]

Try this. 

Settings>> Application Manager >> Installed Apps >> ODML commons repository

I got rid of that file and my phone hasn't had any installation issues at all. It was causing all my installations to come back with error messages.

Hope that helps. 

Please use plain text.
rogantyley

[ Edited ]

After updating to Anna, I have no Ovi Maps at all on my N8. I`ve tried using Nokia Suite, but when I click the Maps icon, it tries to connect then tells me there are no maps on my device. And when I go to the Nokia Store, Maps are 'no longer available'. How can I get it back onto my phone?

I should add, in Installed Apps, I have Nokia Maps 6kb, and Maps Suite pre-release 262kb.

Please use plain text.