Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 music library corrupt!

Contributor
TurboDiesel74

N8 music library corrupt!

How can I fix the N8 music library

I deleted all my songs from the phone, but the music library still shows all the albums, some with cover art, some without, but none of the albums have any songs, and if I try to remove them I'm just given an error.

Please help ... I don't want to start installing and configuring all my apps again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

music -> options -> refresh library

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TurboDiesel74

I tried it already, says the library is up-to-date, and still shows all the deleted albums

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

[ Edited ]

what do you get under

music options music library details

also how did you remove the music from the phone

and if you connect to a pc and look in the mass memory/music folder what do you see

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TurboDiesel74

I deleted the files by connecting to my PC, browsing to the music folder and deleted all my album folders and songs. I originally added the albums the same way. So the folders are empty when I connect my phone to the PC and look at the music folder.

The detail view tells me 1 songs, dunno what that is? I see all the 16 empty album folders and couple of them have the cover art visible, but no songs under any of the albums

Btw, it looks like there are now fewer album arts visible than the last time I checked.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TurboDiesel74

Looks like the cover arts are now gone (updating really slowly??), but the all the empty albums are still visible.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovi1698

Me too. After deleted the album via PC but the music library still shows all the albums. It prompt me the error 'file is corrupted, operation cancelled' once I delete the album using N8.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

If the empty album folders are still there I'd recommend deleting them and refreshing the music library

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovi1698

I unable to delete it. It keep pop up the error message 'file is corrupted, operation cancelled'...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
noordamen

can anyone do something about this ?!!! i have the same problem too :smileysad:

hey, nokia pep :/ cant you do anything ?!
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

when we had this problem on our n95's we used to do the following:

1) Connect the phone in "Data transfer" mode to your PC. Enable viewing of hidden files and folders.
2) Delete the two files in "E:\private\101FFC31" ( called "mpxv1.mpd" and "pcv5.mpd" ).
3) Delete the one file in "E:\private\101ffca9" ( called "harvesterdb.dat" ).
4) Disconnect the phone from the PC and run the Music Player on the phone.
5) Wait a while for the app to startup. It will be rebuilding the library......
6) Just to be sure, select "Refresh".

There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rijksband

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If I have understood your issue correctly, then we encountered (and overcame) the same issue.  Here's what we did:

To get rid of all the stuff, you gotta delete the databases after purging your system of all music files stored at various locations.

Databases are under E(Mass Storage):\Private\10281e17\*.*

Delete all db files (particularly mpxv3*db and thumbnail.db).

Then you have a clean empty system!

.john

P.S.  Please let me know if this helped!  I hope it did :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rijksband

flagpole has an excellent point as well:

2) Delete the two files in "E:\private\101FFC31" ( called "mpxv1.mpd" and "pcv5.mpd" ).
3) Delete the one file in "E:\private\101ffca9" ( called "harvesterdb.dat" ).

It might be that a combination of both approaches is what works for you. Please let us know!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Guys..

I was facing the same issue and after going through your instructions, I was able to clear the database files.

just a small correction. We have to delete the .db files from below two extensions in 'Mass Storage' mode.

private\10281e17 (different folder in N8 i guess)

private\101ffca9

thanks a ton for your support :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
mjd1983

i'm having the same problem with removing empty albums from the music player on the n8, i have looked for the 'private' folder but it doesn't seem to b there, i have included hidden files and folders in my search. any idea's how else i can find these .db files so they can b deleted?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovi1698

Me too. Any idea's how else i can find these .db files? i have included hidden files and folders on window explorer.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovi1698

Can I do a factory reset on the Nokia N8? All of the applications such as ovi map and ovi suite will still there after factory reset?

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

no, they wont.

see the sticky at the top of the forum.

There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
seppel

thx Aragon1,

worked really fine for my N8. I had a little album artist problem. Everything was mixed on my phone. So i added the album artist for every album, but the update library did not work. With your way the music library is really updated now. Thanks! :-)

Please use plain text.
WhyOviWhy

surely though the point is, even if there is a convoluted workaround, IT SHOULD SIMPLY WORK!!!

I have just discovered that, after moving my entire music library to the N8, there are tracks randomly missing from almost every album, and the cover art doesn't migrate either. That's not to mention the fact that Ovi Suite simply won't talk to Outlook despite endless reboots etc and I therefore cannot put my contacts on it- a fairly basic requirement for a phone.

The N8 is a superb piece of hardware but the issues with Ovi suite have completely ruined it- it's like having a top-notch formula 1 car without any fuel in it: utterly pointless.

After spending several hundred pounds on a product one does actually expect the thing to work. These problems are totally unnecessary and betray a mind-boggling complacency towards the customer's actual experience of using the phone.

Please use plain text.