Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 music library corrupt!

Mobile Guru
synth_fg

calm down

Ovi suite in most cases works fine, however there are severl hundred million windows PC's out there all with there own separate hardware configurations, all with there various os configurations, and all with different firewall, av anti spyware etc, so sometimes it doesn't install corectly samea s with any other piece of software

try

1) Remove OVI suite and any other Nokia or Ovi drivers from your PC using add remove programmes, or better yet CCC cleaner or similar, a

2) after doing so run a registry checker to clean out anything left behind

then reboot your system, connect your N8 and use the OVI installer on the E-Drive to install to your PC

Please use plain text.
WhyOviWhy

regrettably i have been doing exactly that almost constantly since buying the phone on monday.

I have tried it on three different computers, rebooting both computer and phone several times, sometimes downloading ovi suite from the internet sometimes uploading it from the phone.

I've defragged and rebooted and repaired and uninstalled and all that jazz, I've had different results with each install (demonstrating the problem is the buggy ovi suite rather than the computers) but its never worked 100%.

I know it doesnt have to be like this because my previous phone (SE) came with PC software that worked easily first time- as software should!

Please use plain text.
p86880

Hi!

I have also little problem with my n8 music library. Only few of my album covers are showing on the player. Cover files (JPG) are in the same folder as music files. How can i fix this problem?

Thanks.  

Please use plain text.
p86880

Never mind, i found solution for my problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

it´s true that you can`t change artist information in music library but you can do it kind of simple way by using tag programs like mp3tag.

Please use plain text.
shreyasxlive

Yes this Trick Works Perfect i Did it myself twice i deleted all the Defaultly Present Song in My N8

I Did the same As Mentioned And when i Launched the Music Player it Totally Refreshed my Library By Collecting other songs Actually present on my Phone...Nice Trick...Thanx..

Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

I've tried all the above solutions successfully. Even I deleted the full private folder from e (mass memory, not micro chip) and then tried refreshing.

It seemed that library was fixed. But no, it didn't find the Hindi songs I was expecting and found some obscure English language songs I didn't know existed in my phone.

Pls tell, if there is some particular location where I should keep my MP3s?

Is private folder of f driver (micro chip) is more relevant or of e drive?

Wish#1: MP3 Tag Editor capable of editing ratings.
Wish#2: Android type Video player, highly efficient player capable of playing all formats.
Wish#3: Without Google Maps (and products), no gadget is worth keeping.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rajhot

Try puttin all the songs into E:\Songs\Digital\
folder
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

there are 100's of posts on music player and album art on the forum , I've always found running albums through Windows Media Player and using the 'find album info' function and then dragging album art onto the album icon in WMP , then dragging the album folder onto E mass memory works perfectly ! 3000 tracks all labeled correctly with the correct album art !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
shkun87

i cant see the hidden file...im using window 7..i change the setting in my control panel..but still cant find the hidden file..hellp

Please use plain text.
Sage

Why doesn't nokia put a button/option in the music player to wipe the cache files so you dont have to do this?

If this doesnt get resovled im not buying an N8. My old n95 had the same problem and it really upset me. In fact half the reason I wanted an N8 Is so I wouldnt have to deal with it. I dont have a windows machine to use WM player to transfer. But why should I when I can transfer usb data directly.

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
raleighmathea21

mine doesn't show any folder named "private", I've been trying to find the the file everywhere inside but sstill cant' seem to find it. help!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rajhot

U need to install any of the following apps to access private folder:
X-plore/Y-browser/File browser
Please use plain text.
Sage
zopfan

I've found that if I put songs into mass memory e drive, then they're found!!

Why not in Micro Card chip?

Why is Nokia forcing us to store audio tracks (does the same go with Video tracks as well? Will have to check!!) into the mass memory only. Why we have to struggle with 'Private' etc folders? WHY not some cache clearing option?

What is the benefit of the storage being offered by the 32 gb micro chip?

Wish#1: MP3 Tag Editor capable of editing ratings.
Wish#2: Android type Video player, highly efficient player capable of playing all formats.
Wish#3: Without Google Maps (and products), no gadget is worth keeping.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wayne2709

my 5800XM got the same problem, N8 repeating it. I'm NOT gonna buy N8 and start digging into hidden files again. Very disappionting indeed.

ref:
http://sjc-nokia5800.blogspot.com/

roll down to look at
5. Remove Deleted Artists from Music Library Fix.

Please use plain text.
raleighmathea21

thanks man. found the folder, but it's empty for some wierd reason. still can't figure this out

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rahulvala77

hello every body,, There is no private folder in mass memory...

PLz help I want to delete the album list which does not have any song ,,,,

Because I already deleted all songs from mass memory directly,,,,,,but thumb nail image and album name in the music player are not deleted automatically.................

I stretch my head plz help/..........

Hit the green kudo button , If my post help you......
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rahulvala77

Hey anybody answer my question.....

Hit the green kudo button , If my post help you......
Please use plain text.
Advisor

On my N8 I just have done what was described here before:

Delete all files on the folders:

private\10281e17

private\101ffca9

I could access this folders by connecting N8 as a mass storage devide.

Everything ok now! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
JTH52

Same problem with my N8!!! Can´t delete a few titles i music player. I have no "PRIVATE" folder as mentioned above. Can´t see any "suspected" files in mass memory. I´ve been searching and sniffing in every file there is in the phone without finding a trace of this misic files!!!

I can´t understand why nobody from NOKIA take this problem a little bit more serious? I sent mail to NOKIA´s support with no answer; maybe they don´t have any?

One more (when I in the mode;-)) ; The way N8 sort the file list, 1, 10, 11 ......2, 21, 22......

Why!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hrudaireddy

[ Edited ]

i'd never prefer nokia anymore.i had all most 13 nokia phones and n8 will b my last one.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited.Inappropriate use of words is not allowed in this forum.

Please use plain text.